Can we get an option "ALWAYS add date to back-up file"?!!

Can't the set-up ask if we always want to add the date when backing-up a file?!!

Answers

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    We already have the option to check the box to "Add date to backup file name" during a backup. Once the box is checked, it stays checked.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • Tom YoungTom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you're referring to the automatic backup that Quicken does each time you shut the program down "X" number of times?

In the "subscription" version, (and maybe even before that), it appears that specifying that a date be added to a "manual" backup carries over to the automatic backups.  All my automatic backups do have the date appended.

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Young said:
    I assume you're referring to the automatic backup that Quicken does each time you shut the program down "X" number of times?

In the "subscription" version, (and maybe even before that), it appears that specifying that a date be added to a "manual" backup carries over to the automatic backups.  All my automatic backups do have the date appended.

Automatic backups ALWAYS have the date & time appended to the file's name so that multiple backups can be made on a single day.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.