User Name

How can I change my User Name ?

Comments

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    duzenski said:
    How can I change my User Name ?
    Hello @duzenski,

Your Username can be changed by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner of the Community site and select "Edit Profile".

There are a few limitations for Usernames.  
    • Username can only contain letters, numbers, underscores, and must be between 3 and 20 characters long with no spaces.
    If you would prefer, I'm also happy to update your Username for you, please just reply here and let me know which different Username you would prefer.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • I tried but it won't allow a change. If you can do I'd appreciate it. Want to go from presently  duzenski  to  Frank D
    Accepted Answer
    Frank_D said:
    I tried but it won't allow a change. If you can do I'd appreciate it. Want to go from presently  duzenski  to  Frank D
    Hi Frank,

Thank you for letting me know that you were unable to change the Username yourself, may I ask, did you receive an error message at all? If so, what did that error say?

I've updated your Username to "Frank_D" as requested.  Unfortunately, spaces are not allowed in usernames so I added the underscore so the system would accept the change.  If, you'd like a different Username, I'm happy to change it again, please just let me know.

Thanks,

Sarah 
  • You did it. BIG THANKS. I did not recv any messages. Just was presented a cursor with a circle and diagonal line. 
    Hi Frank,

I appreciate you letting me know what happened when you tried to change it yourself and I'll be looking further into why yourself and other Users aren't able to change the Usernames directly.

Sarah
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank_D said:
    I tried but it won't allow a change. If you can do I'd appreciate it. Want to go from presently  duzenski  to  Frank D
    @Frank_D
    I can only guess, but remember what @Quicken Sarah said about usernames?
    There are a few limitations for Usernames.  
    • Username can only contain letters, numbers, underscores, and must be between 3 and 20 characters long with no spaces.
    And that's the problem. "Frank D" contains a space.
    Newly created usernames are subject to this rule, but usernames converted from old Community system appear to be the exception to this rule.
    There also is the possibility that another "Frank D" is already using this name.
  • Wasn't able to delete or erase it to enter another name. I was able to highlight it, but unable to change it at all.
This discussion has been closed.