Boeing Employees Credit Union Error CC 501 and OL 220-A

Have been having issues downloading transactions from BECU for numerous days.  Have done the entire deactivate and reactivate routine via live customer support.  Continue to receive error codes CC 501 which states that "its a quicken server issue - can't connect with BECU do not call BECU"  Any suggestions??

Best Answer

Answers

• I'm having an issue as well. Although, I see the transactions being downloaded. When I manually accept, they disappear. 
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    R meyer said:
    Have been having issues downloading transactions from BECU for numerous days.  Have done the entire deactivate and reactivate routine via live customer support.  Continue to receive error codes CC 501 which states that "its a quicken server issue - can't connect with BECU do not call BECU"  Any suggestions??
    Have you deactivated all accounts at BECU with your logon ID, including any old, long closed, hidden and forgotten accounts that might still be activated. If you miss one, the Intuit server involved in handling Express Web Connect - connected accounts will not start with a clean slate and you will continue to have problems.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddaffon said:
    I'm having an issue as well. Although, I see the transactions being downloaded. When I manually accept, they disappear. 
    Have you reviewed the Match status prior to clicking Accept?
    If it's supposed to be a new transaction and Match status is not "New" then the downloaded transaction will be matched with an older transaction, making it disappear.
    If that does not answer your question please start a separate New Discussion and give us all the pertinent details, possibly including screen image snapshots so we can see what's going on.
  • Q2019 R18.14 on Win10. Several days ago started getting OL-220A from BECU (Boeing Employee Credit Union) when performing One Step Update. I have been using Direct Connect Method for years. Per the Quicken user help error instructions I contacted BECU. They were aware of issue and felt they have address the problem. They reported the fix was to Disconnect On Line services for all BECU accounts and then re-establish Online Services. This is reported by BECU to resolve many incidents from other users. Followed instructions with IT support on line but still received error. Attempted to repeat but now I can't get past the initial setup phase in Quicken to start new connection due to same error. BECU states that the issue must reside within the Quicken application. OK This is your turn to shine!
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to chat with Quicken Support or call them on the phone and request help with this Online Banking issue.Let them review the download log file on your computer to determine the cause of the problem.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support 
      and select Chat or Phone support. Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can found at this website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018 Premier or above) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from the Community, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.
  • MaikeerMaikeer Member ✭✭
    edited February 9
    Q2019 R18.14 on Win10. Several days ago started getting OL-220A from BECU (Boeing Employee Credit Union) when performing One Step Update. I have been using Direct Connect Method for years. Per the Quicken user help error instructions I contacted BECU. They were aware of issue and felt they have address the problem. They reported the fix was to Disconnect On Line services for all BECU accounts and then re-establish Online Services. This is reported by BECU to resolve many incidents from other users. Followed instructions with IT support on line but still received error. Attempted to repeat but now I can't get past the initial setup phase in Quicken to start new connection due to same error. BECU states that the issue must reside within the Quicken application. OK This is your turn to shine!
    I have been having the same problems with BECU lately with Q2017 R18.6 on Windows 10.  It usually works when I try again several hours later, but it's unpredictable and frustrating.  I was stuck on the initial setup also a couple of days ago, when I tried the disconnect services approach, but it eventually worked then also.  

I may end up contacting Quicken Support, per UKR's note.
  • Scott NelsonScott Nelson Member
    edited February 10
    I too am having problems with BECU. I wonder if it has anything to due with the update of Quicken? 2019 R18.15 Build 27.1.18.15
  • It seems that with the new release Quicken can not identify and link the accounts. I’ve been through the deactivate/reactivate cycle many times, each time we linking the accounts (I have nine with BECU it’s a pain) but they then down load. Unfortunately it’s a one of fix which needs to be done each time you try and update.  BECU likely has a small constituency so the patch would likely come quicker if this were WF or Chase. unfortunately its not an isolated issue
  • BECU loaded ok today. Thanks for the advice R Meyer,will do it if needed in the future.
  • I have attempted to download/update numerous occasions.  Even going to the extent of deactivating/reactiving as described by Quicken support.  All to NO success.  Will be reaching out to them again today. 
  • I've been getting the OL-220A error off and on for several months now, with both BECU and Timberline Bank.  I just keep trying and eventually I can download.
    Anyway, I just tried resetting one of my BECU accounts and Quicken consistently hangs with this dialog and I have to open Task Manager and terminate Quicken.

• I had the issue yet again today and called quicken. Today we activated Java and quicken has now downloaded 4 times consequently. You may want to see if you have that installed. 
  • I'm having the same issue earlier this morning as well as last week. I have gone through the procedures above numerous times and the issue is as described by the original poster. Now, I'm go to update again and it does nothing. Immediately sends up the account status screen but with the last update as earlier this morning instead of now...even though there are new transactions waiting since I've already been to a store. Closed Quicken for Mac 2017 Version 4.8.3 (Build 48.20030.100 and re-opened...same thing. It won't update but has no errors, unlike it did this morning. Something has recently been drastically changed. I contacted BECU and they said I had to do as Quicken Sarah had suggested, which I have over 10 times. I get the feeling BECU doesn't want to take ownership of this. Getting frustrated and I'm not upgrading to cloud Quicken 2019. HELP!
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    David A said:
    I'm having the same issue ...
    Have you seen the response from @R meyer above about JAVA?
    Make sure that JAVA is installed and running on your computer.
  • Once JAVA was installed every is loading and updating quicker (no pun intended). For the moment it has resolved my challenges. 
  • lhossuslhossus SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    R meyer said:
    Once JAVA was installed every is loading and updating quicker (no pun intended). For the moment it has resolved my challenges. 
    Just to be clear: Are you talking about JAVA? Or about JavaScript?

I don't know much about Windows or Quicken Windows, being a Mac user, but seems to me it would be JavaScript.
    Quicken Mac Subscription
    macOS Sierra 10.12.6
  • PlanethillPlanethill Member ✭✭
    edited February 13
    This is still happening for me on the latest Quicken version (R18.15 / 27.1.18.15).  Java has been installed for years, and is updated to the latest version as well (V8 / U201).  

Disabling all accounts, then re-enabling does work...temporarily.  You also must enable and re-link each account individually, not all at once like you normally can.  Once you do all this you can download, but by the next day it's back to the OL-220-A error. 

I have also experienced the frozen screen that Mike2019 showed above, which occurs if you try to use the "Reset Account" button via the online services tab.

Very frustrating.
  • My luck ran out this evening when the application once again failed.  I was able to deactivate and reactivate all 9 accounts with BECU to eventually get a one step update completed.  Sarah for those investigating this matter please see case #02475949 so you can see the number of solutions that were attempted to rectify the matter
    edited February 14
    I was able to download again this morning.  The error is sporadic but frequent.  I sent a message to BECU after my last download failure and am awaiting a response.  Here are my most recent attempts:
    • Successful download - February 12, 2019 -  11:00 pm (Direct Connect)
    • Error message OL-220-A - February 13, 2019 -  6:20 am (Direct Connect)
    • Error message OL-220-A - February 13, 2019 -  8:20 pm (Direct Connect)
    • Error message OL-220-A - February 13, 2019 - 10:37 pm (Direct Connect)
    • Successful download - February 14, 2019 -   6:30 am (Direct Connect)
  • Maikeer who re you sending the message to at BECU.  Would like to supplement your comments to them with my own experience.  Thanks
    R meyer said:
    Maikeer who re you sending the message to at BECU.  Would like to supplement your comments to them with my own experience.  Thanks
    For now, I have only sent a fairly detailed message on the "BECU Message Center" on becu.org.   
  • PlanethillPlanethill Member ✭✭
    edited February 14
    Here is a CONNLOG.TXT log entry for the failure:

==== Mini-OSU Start (20190214/14:25:43) ====
    20190214 14:25:43: QFN: Beginning send to https://onlinebanking.becu.org/ofx/ofxprocessor.asp
    20190214 14:25:43: QFN: End send to https://onlinebanking.becu.org/ofx/ofxprocessor.asp, netstatus 0
    20190214 14:25:43: Parse error. Current object: Null Object
    20190214 14:25:44: 

==== Mini-OSU End (20190214/14:25:45) ====

• I have also seen the same Parse Error the CONNLOG.TXT noted by Planethill above and noted it when I was in discussion with BECU support. To date I have been able to get several successful updates however intermittently. I do not repeated the "Disconnect Accounts" procedure to fix anymore, since it really doesn't fix the issue and is a royal pain. I have received comment from another user (not seen in this stream) who is having same issue and has currently managed to escalate this issue within Quicken Support and promised to pass on any solution provided. Anyway, If something comes of it I will copy and paste that stream comment to this one.
  • Thanks Robert.  I've already tried the usual solutions (disconnecting/reconnecting my accounts, resetting my accounts) and sometimes it connects for maybe a day, and then it won't anymore.  Will be waiting to see what you get back from Quicken Support.  Very frustrating.

I received a response from BECU's technical team to my earlier message:

The response from BECU notes that BECU’s website security was updated on February 1 and that it appears to have had an "unexpected impact" on both Quicken and QuickBooks users. BECU recommended that I update BECU’s branding and profile information in Quicken to ensure that it adopts the new connection information. 

These are the steps provided by BECU for this:

1. Open Quicken and click Tools.
    2. Select Online Center.
    3. Make sure the Financial Institution dropdown box shows Boeing Employees Credit Union.
    4. Press and hold the CTRL key while clicking on the Contact Info menu at the top of the window.
    5. Choose any account from the dropdown box at the top.
    6. Under Refresh Option, check the box next to Financial Institution Branding and Profile, and then click Refresh.
    7. Click the Update/Send button on the top right.

I was also provided with a reference number and email address to send the Connection Log and OFX Log files to BECU, if the above steps don't work.  I'll post again once I try this, but I was really happy to see BECU trying to address the issue and not redirecting me back to Quicken.  
  • Thanks Maikeer - Tried this and it didn't work.  Still getting OL-220-A error.  Interestingly, after a full day of not connecting and getting the red error bubble yesterday, last night it actually connected successfully.  But this morning it's again not connecting, despite trying the solution you outline in your post.
    LarryInSeattle, it did not work for me either.   :disappointed:   I'll have to take the next step and send the files.   I had successful downloads on February 12, 14, 15. and 16, but I received the OL-220-A error in several, earlier attempts on those days.   I agree with Robert Sheran that the connect-and-reconnect procedure is waste of time and not really a fix.  
  • Good morning Maikeer! After not connecting all day, last night just for laughs I tried again, and it connected and gave me that nice green bubble.  This morning guess what -- it connected again! This makes twice in a row. I know two points don't make a trend, but I can't help being hopeful that a fix just may have been made.  Ditto on your point that the deactivate-reactivate thing is a waste of time.
  • I agree with Larry, I have been able to successfully connect and download transactions over the last 3-4 days.  Hoping this is the end of the current BECU chapter

This discussion has been closed.