Custom security not appearing?

Options
I am trying to add custom securities to the quicken list, but they do not appear when I try to add transactions that use them.

The security shows does not show up when I try to add a transaction that uses it.

Expected: The security be listed when I search for it.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cash isn't an eligible type for investment transactions.  A Money Market fund (if that's what this is) should be listed as a Mutual Fund.
    And Cash held in an investment account shouldn't have a security name or symbol

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can create a security type Cash if you wish to. (I did in QW2017).  
    You can transact on a security with type = Cash and asset class = cash.  (You cannot transact on a security with the type of Market Index.)
    There is (I believe by default) a standard off-the-shelf security type of Money Market.  One does not have to use a mutual fund type for a MM fund.

@ctabka :  I am more suspicious that you already have some other security with that ticker id -- CS.  Quicken will not create a new security that has the same name or ticker as an existing security.    
  • ctabka
    ctabka Member
    Options
    Now none of the securities want to show up in my securities list. Not sure if I toggled something that turned it off.
  • ctabka
    ctabka Member
    Options
    Fixed.

It was mismatched currency. Though I'm not sure why my other USD securities showed up in a CAD account.