Why don't bonds show up in investing reports?

My bonds are not showing up in investing reports such as Asset Allocation. Stocks and mutual funds do. I am running two files on Quicken Premier 2019, one for my personal finances and one for a trust I am administering. My personal file works fine and all the securities show up in the various reports. In the trust file, bonds do not show up, but all of the other security types do. Purchase transactions do appear on the account register and each bond is also included on the Security List and is listed in the type column as a "bond". 

FWIW, I am running Quicken for Windows on a Mac using Parallels as a virtual machine.

Best Answers

• Capt Grandpa
    Capt Grandpa Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Jim
    Kind of embarrassing, since I should have caught this right away. When I looked at the Security Detail I finally noticed that there was no transaction history and no dollar amount in the chart below. The problem is that the bonds downloaded from Chase as "withdrawals" not "bonds bought", so of course there was nothing to report in the various reports. I'll be dealing with Chase on this. I'm not sure how Quicken let me withdraw something that was never there in the first place, but that is a problem for another time.

Answers

• Capt Grandpa
    Capt Grandpa Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Jim
    Kind of embarrassing, since I should have caught this right away. When I looked at the Security Detail I finally noticed that there was no transaction history and no dollar amount in the chart below. The problem is that the bonds downloaded from Chase as "withdrawals" not "bonds bought", so of course there was nothing to report in the various reports. I'll be dealing with Chase on this. I'm not sure how Quicken let me withdraw something that was never there in the first place, but that is a problem for another time.