Is there a way to change the category for multiple transactions simultaneously?

Doing my tax prep. I'd like to change the categories for a group of transactions. I found a way to do this in the Windows version, but not the Mac version. I'm using Quicken 2017.

Comments

• alanrh
    alanrh Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Perfect! Thanks so much for the assist. 
  • Warren Roach
    Warren Roach Member ✭✭
    I am having problems getting this to work, mainly because of the way Quicken is downloading information on transactions.  In the TYPE column, it is displaying Interest Income instead of PAYMENT/DEPOSIT.  This happens to be TDAmeritrade.  If I manually change the TYPE, then I can go back and batch change the category.  I have several accounts from different firms that are downloading and displaying strange information.  Either it is the format that they are sending or Quicken is not interpreting the downloaded information correctly.  For me, this started happened shortly after Intuit sold Quicken.  
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I am having problems getting this to work, mainly because of the way Quicken is downloading information on transactions.  In the TYPE column, it is displaying Interest Income instead of PAYMENT/DEPOSIT.  This happens to be TDAmeritrade.  If I manually change the TYPE, then I can go back and batch change the category.  I have several accounts from different firms that are downloading and displaying strange information.  Either it is the format that they are sending or Quicken is not interpreting the downloaded information correctly.  For me, this started happened shortly after Intuit sold Quicken.  
    What is the nature of the TD transaction? Is it earned interest, a transfer, something else?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.