How do I restore passwords to Financial Institutions lost after upgrade to Q/Mac 5.11.0?

Options
I upgraded to Quicken for Mac 5.11.0 and lost the stored passwords for Wells Fargo, Vanguard, TD Ameritrade and Bank of America.  Each time I do an Activity Update, I need to enter the passwords for each account.  I went through the process of deactivating and reactivating the downloads on each of the accounts, the only password that was stored is for Bank of America.  How do I add the other accounts?  Also, when I enter the Wells Fargo password I need to enter it 2 times, the update fails, so I do a separate update for Wells Fargo alone and it accounts are updated.  How do I get back to the single click and all accounts are updated?

Best Answer

• TomP-51
    TomP-51 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I believe I have resolved the issue.  I tried the deactivate and reactivate and the results were the same.  I ended up resetting my Keychain on the Mac and then went through the update process.  The Keychain records for all of the financial institutions were added, except Vanguard.  I ran through the deactivate and reactivate for Vanguard and that seems to fix that issue. 

I have accounts at 11 financial institutions are included in my update process, 8 are listed in Quicken when I click on the "Update Passwords" on the Account Status window, the other 3 institutions are in the Keychain.  Not sure of the difference, but am happy that the process is now working without the need to enter the passwords!

Thank you Rick and Harold for your guidance on this issue!  I am new to the "community" and the support is GREAT! 

I have been using Quicken since version 1 Windows, moved to the Mac when the full version became available.  I'm a big fan.

Regards, 
    Tom 

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    When you enter the password, are you checking the box to store password in keychain. If you are, then you may need to delete the keychain entry for that bank. First quit Quicken, then open the Keychain Access app from Applications > Utilities. Search for the bank name. You should see an entry like "Quicken password for customer "yourname" and "bankname". Delete that entry, quit Keychain Access, and try again.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • TomP-51
    TomP-51 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Rick, Thanks for the quick response!  Last night I deleted all of the entries related to Quicken and Quicken 2017 in the Keychains > Login.  What I think is interesting, some of the accounts successfully updated in Quicken after all of the Keychain entries were deleted.  None of the accounts were added back into the Keychain file when I entered the passwords.  At the bottom of the post update, Account Status window, there is a button "Update Passwords", the accounts that were updated with out the password being entered are listed, the Bank of America account was added, however the Well Fargo, Vangard and TD Ameritrade were not.  Any idea how the accounts get added?

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello TomP-51. Appreciate your question.

I would try to Deactivate: https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account and then Reactivate your accounts: https://www.quicken.com/support/reactivating-deactivated-account

With Wells Fargo, unless you are using Direct Connect for FI Bill Pay, I would try to reactivate using the "Wells Fargo wellsfargononqfx.scr" account.

Hope this information is helpful.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • TomP-51
    TomP-51 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I believe I have resolved the issue.  I tried the deactivate and reactivate and the results were the same.  I ended up resetting my Keychain on the Mac and then went through the update process.  The Keychain records for all of the financial institutions were added, except Vanguard.  I ran through the deactivate and reactivate for Vanguard and that seems to fix that issue. 

I have accounts at 11 financial institutions are included in my update process, 8 are listed in Quicken when I click on the "Update Passwords" on the Account Status window, the other 3 institutions are in the Keychain.  Not sure of the difference, but am happy that the process is now working without the need to enter the passwords!

Thank you Rick and Harold for your guidance on this issue!  I am new to the "community" and the support is GREAT! 

I have been using Quicken since version 1 Windows, moved to the Mac when the full version became available.  I'm a big fan.

Regards, 
    Tom 
This discussion has been closed.