Does anyone have a smooth solution for tracking GST income and outflow?

This is for a small amount of business revenue, the bookkeeping not complex enough to make me use a full accounting package. Right now I am manually splitting the relevant transactions in the register and entering a calculated GST amount. 

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What edition level of Quicken (Canadian version) are you currently using?
    AFAIK, the Canadian Quicken Home & Business edition might do what you want when it comes to creating Customer Invoices, as long as you do not need to also track inventory items.
    If you currently use a Canadian version of Quicken, look in Quicken Help for an introduction to the business - related features
  • edmontoncanuck
    edmontoncanuck Member ✭✭
    thanks for responding. I use the quicken subscription deluxe version 5.11

The business edition is overkill for what i need and leaves me without investment tracking.

I created a workaround and settled on the reality of manually entering the GST (either income or expense) in each relevant transaction. Since it's usually and easy calculation of 5%. 

I was looking for a feature that was available (if my memory serves me correctly) in one of the very old versions where you could create a tax account. 

I'd like a check box for GST on a transaction and have the software conveniently calculate and enter for me... dream on.. lol
  • edmontoncanuck
    edmontoncanuck Member ✭✭
    Uh oh.. I'm wrong. the home and business edition does track investments. I'll take a closer look.
  • edmontoncanuck
    edmontoncanuck Member ✭✭
    I'm NOT wrong. There is no Home and business edition in Canada for Mac. 
    The Mac software is finally hugely improved, but still not up to speed.
This discussion has been closed.