Can I transfer a stock account from Q2017 to Q 2020?

Options

I am using Quicken 2017 on my PC. My son uses Quicken 2020 on his. I have been keeping track of a stock acct. of his on my pc for years.  If I attempt to transfer the data from my PC to his, will Q2020 accept it without a problem, like a normal change from 2017 to 2020 or will there be a problem caused with his existing accounts?

Comments

• Bob Bytner
    Bob Bytner Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for help. That should explain why I'm taking care of son's acct. He isn't sure what version of Quicken he has. I may just save time & update my PC to Q2019.  Thanks again.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for help. That should explain why I'm taking care of son's acct. He isn't sure what version of Quicken he has. I may just save time & update my PC to Q2019.  Thanks again.
    Please explain why you think updating from Quicken 2017 to Quicken 2019 will save time?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bob Bytner said:   I have been keeping track of a stock acct. of his on my pc for years.
    Could you share some details on this "stock acct" -
    Is it a brokerage account that has one, several, or lots of stock holdings and transactions over the years.  Just wondering about the buy/sell, cost basis, and divs - and the associated transfers or other effected cash accounts.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.