US Bank Direct Connect Not Working

This discussion was created from comments split from: Quicken for Mac v5.11 Released.

Best Answer

Answers

• Randy_m
    Randy_m Member ✭✭
    U. S. Bank credit card Direct Connect seems to be broken now.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In case of transaction download problems

Please provide more details.

What version and release of Quicken are you using?  You must be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken version. If you're missing patches, update your software first.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get?
    What bank(s) are you having issues with?
    What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?
    Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update from your desktop or when you attempt to download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web?
    What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine year/version and release.

Quicken for Windows users: If you feel like beginning to troubleshoot this yourself, please read and follow instructions here:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7292554/actions-windows-desktop-users-can-take-to-remedy-connection-errors-and-password-change-issues

• Randy_m
    Randy_m Member ✭✭
    By the way, it was Quicken Connect, and not Direct Connect. Error was the old -28, can't find the server, etc.
  • chucktx
    chucktx Member
    Tried several time to add the USB card before getting mail with yet another ID. I'm getting a msg now that says my account is locked, so contact USB.  But ... I can access that account.  It's not locked. Anyone know who I should be contacting?
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello chucktx. Appreciate your question.

Since it is an issue with the account being locked, I would reach out to your financial institution (US Bank) and do a password reset. This will reset the connectivity to US Bank and should allow you to access and download transactions directly into Quicken.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • chucktx
    chucktx Member
    Thanks for the reply. As I said earlier, the account is not locked. I can access it directly via a browser. Only Quicken software claims its locked. I will go to USB and reset my password, tho, & see what happens. 
  • chucktx
    chucktx Member
    I reset my password at USB.  No Change. Quicken software instantly claims the account is locked.  If it is locked, it's at Quicken, not USB.  "Manual" transaction QFX downloads do work to get the info into Quicken.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can found at this website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018 Premier or H&B) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from the Community, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• chucktx
    chucktx Member
    Thank you for the reply & info. I'll give support a try during business hours.
This discussion has been closed.