No payees or accounts adding new transaction v5.11 LG V30

I can't add a new transaction because no payees or accounts appear in the selection prompts. LG V30 with Android 8.0. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times with the same results.

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @weekendclimber

I'm sorry to hear that you are receiving a message that there are no accounts to view in the Mobile App and thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community.

To ensure we are providing the correct information, what version and release of the Desktop Quicken software are you using? For Windows or Mac? 

If you aren't sure, this information may be found in Windows under the Help menu > About Quicken.  In Mac, Quicken > About Quicken.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • weekendclimber
    weekendclimber Member ✭✭
    Version R18.15 Build 27.1.18.15. Here's a screenshot of the Help->About Quicken menu:

• Quicken Sarah
    Version R18.15 Build 27.1.18.15. Here's a screenshot of the Help->About Quicken menu:

Hello weekendclimber,

Thank you for that additional information.  When reviewing your account information on the backend I can see that there are two data files being synced.  One file shows 7 accounts selected to sync, while the second file shows zero accounts are selected to sync.

When opening and signing into the Mobile App, are you asked to select which file you would like to view?  

If so, which file are you selecting?

If not, please open the Quicken desktop software and go to the Edit menu > Preferences and select "Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts" from the bottom left side of the window.

On the right side, is there a "Get Started" button under the Mobile and Web section?  Or do you have a link that says "reset cloud data"?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • weekendclimber
    weekendclimber Member ✭✭
    Here's a screenshot of that menu :smile:

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello weekendclimber. Appreciate your screen shots. Very much appreciated.

I would click on the Reset your Cloud data link and reset your connections to the Quicken Cloud..  

After this, I would do a One Step Update so that your current data in Quicken can be synced to the Quicken Cloud and can be seen on the mobile app.

I would also verify the data by accessing our Quicken on the Web at http://app.quicken.com. Log in with your Quicken ID and password.

Hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • weekendclimber
    weekendclimber Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    This is what I see in the Windows application after resetting. When I click "Get Started" it goes to the "Mobile & Web" tab and pressing "Sync Now" completes the synchronization process, but I'm still not seeing any accounts, payees, and categories when trying to add a new transaction (same screenshot as original post). Also, when I go back to the "Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts" page it still shows "Get Started" as opposed to "Account to sync", "Alert settings", and "Reset your cloud data" options on the previous screen shot.

• Quicken Sarah
    Hi @weekendclimber

Apologies for the delay in response and thank you for the updated screenshots of what is appearing after resetting the cloud data.

The Get Started button under the Mobile and Web section of the Preferences window doesn't surprise me at all, based on the behavior you are experiencing.

Essentially there is a disconnect in the sync, although it appears to be set up and active in Quicken, internally it is not connecting correctly.

We should be able to fix this with a few troubleshooting steps though.

Please click on the blue "Sign in as a different user" link just above the Mobile and Web section in Preferences.  In the window that opens, type "yes" in the box at the bottom to confirm that yes we really do want to sign out.

Quicken should then refresh and show a Quicken ID sign-in screen, when it does please close and re-open Quicken and then sign in with the same Quicken ID and password you are currently using.

When prompted about mobile, select "don't use Mobile" and finish the registration process.  When you can see your data file again, go to the Mobile & Web tab and you should now have a big Get Started button.

Click on Get Started to re-set up the Mobile Sync and once finished, please check the data in the Mobile/Web Apps and let us know if you can now see the payee and account data.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • weekendclimber
    weekendclimber Member ✭✭
    I followed you instructions: I clicked "Sign in as a different user" and then closed Quicken when prompted to sign in again. I reopened Quicken and logged back in, I did not get a prompt on whether to "don't use Mobile". It immediately started to sync again:

I wait for that to complete and my cloud preferences now look like this:

I signed out of the mobile app and then signed back in and still get the same (can't choose an account, category, and/or payee):

• Quicken Sarah
    Hello @weekendclimber

Thank you for that additional information, although I apologize that you are still unable to view accounts in the Mobile App.

If you haven't yet, please go to the File menu > New Quicken File and create a new data file.

In the new data file, sign-in to the Quicken ID and on the next screen select "Don't Use Mobile" and complete the file registration, closing out of the "Add Account" window when it opens.

Please then go to the Edit menu > Preferences and select "Cloud Accounts" from the bottom left side.  On the right side select "Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID.

Scroll through the list until you find the Cloud account and File Name for your original data file, select the file and click "Delete".  Type "yes" in the box to confirm you wish to delete the cloud account and then the Delete button.

Please close the Cloud Account and Preference windows and return to your original data file.  On the Mobile & Web tab you should now have the Get Started button to create a brand new cloud account with a clean sync that should show all accounts in the Mobile App, but please let us know what happens.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • weekendclimber
    weekendclimber Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I'm unable to follow your steps. I'm getting a completely different set of results after creating a new data file:

File->New Quicken File:

New Quicken File:

Name the new Quicken file (tester.QDF):

I then get a blank Quicken screen:

File menu:

Edit menu (seems to be help menu):

If I close Quicken, and reopen it, the new file opens, but I'm still logged into my Quicken ID:

Edit->Preferences:

After creating a new file, it never asks me to sign in to my Quicken ID and I've yet to see an option anywhere to "Don't Use Mobile" (I've attempted these steps several times with the same results). The desktop application seems to be working fine and I can download transaction from my bank using the One Step Update (at least I could this morning, but there seems to currently be an error "Error OL--1-B"?). All the account balances appear correct in the Mobile App as well, it's just I can't add transactions since there are no accounts, categories, and/or payees available to be selected.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello @weekendclimber

I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to follow the steps and each screen shows different results than what is expected.

If you haven't already, please contact the Quicken Support team at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support so they may look further into this.

Support has the ability to share your screen and can see what is happening and help to troubleshoot in "real-time".  They cannot take over your computer, only view and instruct, but from the screenshots above it looks like there may be a connectivity issue happening that needs to be examined further.

I hope this is helpful and please let us know how it goes with Support.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.