First Republic Bank delivers only partial downloads

First Republic Bank goes only partial downloads when I need all of 2018 for tax preparation. How do I get the balance? The CSV export from 1stR and import into Q_Mac2017 and then move option into existing 1stR Checking already there is unacceptable as of this writing. What's another work around? Thanks for reading.

Best Answer

• stevemb
    stevemb Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    jacobs, thanks for the prompt follow-up. The answer for me was 1) login 1stR, 2) choose the account needed, 3) choose view of account and set parameters of time frame in my case "last year" and push button view, 4) after a quick scan of result to confirm this is what was needed, find Export link on upper right of view that I had missed before :-| and choose .qfx and 5) voila, it downloads. 6) backup my current Quicken instance and then rename for my easy finding later, 7) delete the old account history partial download mess, 8) import the .qfx ! ! ! and now back to 2018 tax prep.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Most banks do not offer to download information going back as far as 15 months. This is not a Quicken limitation; it is simply a matter of how how far back in time each bank choose to provide. Most common is 90 days, but each bank has its own standards.

And you are correct that .csv files are not structured in a way they can be imported into Quicken Mac.

Most likely you will need to enter transactions manually from your bank statements if you need all the data for 2018 in Quicken. Or you might find you can gather the information you need for your 2018 taxes without doing all that, and start your Quicken file with 2019 data.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • stevemb
    stevemb Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    jacobs, thanks for the prompt follow-up. The answer for me was 1) login 1stR, 2) choose the account needed, 3) choose view of account and set parameters of time frame in my case "last year" and push button view, 4) after a quick scan of result to confirm this is what was needed, find Export link on upper right of view that I had missed before :-| and choose .qfx and 5) voila, it downloads. 6) backup my current Quicken instance and then rename for my easy finding later, 7) delete the old account history partial download mess, 8) import the .qfx ! ! ! and now back to 2018 tax prep.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Ah, great. I thought you were saying initially that your bank offered only CSV exports. I'm glad to hear they offer .qfx; consider yourself fortunate that they allow you to download all of last year's data as .qfx -- most banks don't. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.