I can’t down load transactions from my TD WATERHOUSE RIFF account.

Every time I try, all I get is “0”. And the value of the account does not change from the value that was downloaded at the time I set up this account in Quicken. What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    where is @"arctic hare" when you need him? Would be nice if he came back to this forum

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @MoniGrewal

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received assistance.

How are you downloading transactions from TD Waterhouse?  Are you running the One Step Update in Quicken?

Or perhaps downloading a Web Connect file directly TD Waterhouse's website and opening the file in Quicken?

Please also let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using, if you aren't sure this information can be found in the Help menu > About Quicken.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • MoniGrewal
    MoniGrewal Member ✭✭
    Hi Sarah,
    thanks for your response. Here are the answers to your questions:
    I am using Quicken Deluxe (Canada) 2019 version 5.11.0 (Build 511.25626.100) macOS 10.14.3
    i am downloading using Web connect and then moving the downloaded file into Quicken.
    Hope you can help me. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Manmohan Grewal
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello @MoniGrewal

Thank you for that additional information.  If you haven't already, please open the downloaded Web Connect file in a text program such as Notepad or Word.

Are you able to see the transactions and amounts in the file?  They would look similar to the screenshot below

If not, that confirms that the file is downloading blank and does not contain the requested transaction activity from the Financial Institution.  Unfortunately, if this is the case, only the Financial Institution can correct this because the data is coming directly from their system and must be corrected at the source.

If there is transaction information in the Web Connect file, please try to create a new Quicken file (File > New Quicken File), after registration when prompted to Add an Account, click the "x" in the upper right corner to close the window and go back to the File menu > File Import > Web Connect file.

A dialogue window should open prompting you to add a new account, if so, please allow the account to add and do the transactions appear in the register correctly?

If you do not receive the prompt to create a new account or no transactions appear in the register of the test file, please let us know.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • willi1
    willi1 Member ✭✭✭
    Sarah...I've been watching this thread as I too wanted to know if it was possible to download from TD Direct in Canada.  I use One Step update, and the investment accounts don't show up via that process.  After reading this I tried setting up a new 'brokerage' account and utilizing TD Web Connect to see if I could get anything.  I just ended up in a loop wherein it suggested that my username or password might be wrong...they are not.  All of this on the Mac side...I run Windows simultaneous evaluating the workability of the products for my use.  just fyi 
  • Quicken Sarah
    willi said:
    Sarah...I've been watching this thread as I too wanted to know if it was possible to download from TD Direct in Canada.  I use One Step update, and the investment accounts don't show up via that process.  After reading this I tried setting up a new 'brokerage' account and utilizing TD Web Connect to see if I could get anything.  I just ended up in a loop wherein it suggested that my username or password might be wrong...they are not.  All of this on the Mac side...I run Windows simultaneous evaluating the workability of the products for my use.  just fyi 
    Hi @willi

I'm able to confirm that the "Direct Connect" connection method is not available for Canadian Financial Institution's, I apologize.

Most Canadian Brokerage accounts do have to be imported via the Web Connect method, which is the downloaded file from the Financial Institution website.

What steps are you taking to import the TD Web Connect file? 

When the incorrect Username/Password message appears is it asking for your Quicken ID and password?

Or are you being asked for the Financial Institution Username/Password?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.