Quicken has caused my bank to lock my account.

This has happened on Friday and again on Monday morning. I called my bank on Saturday to reset my password and then Quicken worked when using the update. Now on Monday morning I received an email from my bank that my bank account has been locked again. I am using Windows subscription and Windows 10 on my computer.

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may need to go to the bank website and look for authenticating access. Chase bank requires this and I'm sure many others.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • fritzngertiefritzngertie Member ✭✭
    When I talked with the bank on Saturday (the first lockout), they didn't change authentication parameters on their end. The bank unlocked my account and I change my password on the bank account, changed the password in Quicken for the bank and did an update and it worked on Saturday. Today (Monday morning) I received an email from my bank that my account was locked again. 
    Accepted Answer
    I contacted my bank again to have them unlock the account and reset my password. I changed my password on the account and in Quicken and did my update and it worked fine. My bank looked at the online traffic and they said that the traffic was coming from the same IP address as always. (I presume that is Quicken). I will keep better chronological notes going forward. 
    Does Quicken try to connect to my bank on its own (maybe during the night)? This is the 3rd day in a row that I have received an email from my bank saying that I have been locked out of my account due to 3 failed sign-in attempts. My bank assures me that the only IP address that is trying to log in to my bank account is my Internet Provider. so it isn't someone trying to log in as me from someplace else. I don't log into my bank account manually and I run the 1-step update manually. For some reason, either Quicken is causing this or my bank has changed there software. The bank denies making any change to their programs. My computer is on 24/7, but I close out Quicken when I am finished using it.
    Yes Quicken when uses EWC connections to access during off hours. Since you are using Chase and Chase offers Direct Connect for most customers, you should go to the Account List and look at Improve Connection.
    For a detailed explanation see this article.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
    I am using Direct Connect with First Bank of Colorado. I see that Express Web Connect is available with First Bank of Colorado but Quicken suggest that I used Direct Connect. Since I use Direct Connect, does Quicken connect to my bank during the night without me initiating the one-step update? My transactions and balances are updated when I do the one-step update. Thanks for your help

edited March 26
    I misspoke when I said you were using Chase, that was my reference, not yours. You want to use Direct Connect when ever possible. It is the most reliable connection. DC does not make a connection at any other time than when you initiate a OSU, hence the term. EWC does do connections that occur at "off hours".
    Do you have any other account with FBoC that is using EWC?
    No, they all use Direct Connect. Tomorrow, I am going to sign on to my bank directly to see if I am locked out. If not, I will try the One-step update to see if that is creating the locked-out status.  Thanks for your help. I will post results tomorrow. 
    I did receive the email from my bank that my account has been locked this morning at 8 am. This is the fourth day in a row.  It appears that the one-step update is causing my account with my bank to be locked due to too many invalid sign-on attempts. I asked the bank's support line when the account was locked out and they gave me a time that corresponds with the one-step update this morning. I did receive a OL-220-A error when doing the one-step update. I don't know if Quicken is doing something when the connection is attempted or my bank's software is misinterpreting the connection. I do know that the password that is stored in my password vault is correct. Any ideas what I should do next?   
    This article covers the OL-220 error
    Since you've already talked to your bank and they're pushing to Quicken, you may try support listed at the bottom here.

Thanks, I will contact support tomorrow after I do one more test.
This discussion has been closed.