Adding a Checking Account etc. "Unknown Type / Ignore"

I have been trying to place certain Wells FArgo accounts into Quicken for most of the day without any luck. So eventually I deleted all of the account that were already in Quicken. I started with adding a Wells Fargo checking account. I do all of the sign-in steps, Quicken through Wells Fargo finds all of our accounts but I receive the "Unknown Type" / "Ignore" status.  and thought that maybe starting fresh would do the trick. In a word, "NOPE".

Is this correctable?

Thanks.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You categorized this as a "Quicken on the Web" - application issue.
    AFAIK, you cannot add accounts while using the Web application. You must be using the Quicken for Windows program on your desktop/laptop.
    What version (year) of Quicken are you using? Click Help/About Quicken to get this information.

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they cannot use QMac on the desktop?  ;)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Reese Shellman
    Reese Shellman Member ✭✭
    Quicken version is 2019 Starter Edition.
    A number of other things.
    1. I just retried from the desktop and the same thing has happened.
    2. I get to the adding account page linking with the bank, which it does. It then looks for my accounts and the circling figure goes for about 20 minutes.
    3. The "We Found the Following" shows all of the accounts we have but each time I do this the account(s) that are recognized are different from the ones the time before. In other words different account(s) are listed as "Unknown Type - Ignore" designation each time I try to add accounts. 
    4. On the previous version (before upgrade) Quicken received enough information to add the account.

Does this help? I hope so because Quicken is rapidly becoming a useless pain.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Starter Edition does not support all types of accounts. For example, mortgage accounts or investment accounts are not supported in Quicken Starter.
    How many accounts do you have at WF, and what account types are they?
    This process should not take 20 minutes of running around in circles. There is something else going on here which might require a call to Support.

Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can found at this website.
    • To start Chat, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018 Premier or H&B) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from the Community, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.
  • Reese Shellman
    Reese Shellman Member ✭✭
    UGH, thanks for letting me know the which accounts the starter edition does not work with.We do have investment accounts and would like them included in our program.  Although we no longer have a mortgage I would say that it is the most basic of accounts along with checking & savings. I will see if the cost of an upgrade along with the monthly fee is worth it, damned depressing. Btw, if certain accounts are not supported  why then doesn't Quicken tell you that when you try to add accounts?  Thanks for the help.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, Quicken does not have monthly fees (unless you are thinking about Quicken Bill Pay, which is not Quicken per se). The subscription memberships are paid for in blocks of 12 months, 24 months, and some third parties even have 27 months. 

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Reese Shellman
    Reese Shellman Member ✭✭
    I misspoke. Wells Fartgo charges fees to allow other apps/services to access your account. Regardless that doesn't affect Quicken recognizing some accounts and then others when they are both checking, savings etc. The if I try to add more accounts the one(s) recognized are liable not to be the second time you try. I even deleted all accounts out of Quicken and tied later to add accounts, any accounts and the same thing happens all over again.
This discussion has been closed.