Still trying to remove duplicate downloads when upgraded to Quicken Premier 2019 on Mac

I looked at Splasher's recommendation for grouping all of the downloaded transactions and to select and delete them. 

"The way to deal with it is to make sure in Preferences (Downloaded transactions section) that "auto enter" is NOT checked." 

I cannot find this Prefence section he references in my version of quicken for mac. 

Make a backup, do not skip this step, if you are unhappy with the results that follow, you can restore your data to this condition.  DONE

The next thing is to put in a $0 transaction as a marker so that you know where your last transaction was before starting. DONE

"Then, do a Ctrl+Shift+E while in the account (takes you to the Account Detail screen), select the Online Services tab and activate One Step Update.  During this process, make sure that you "link" and NOT "add" the account to the existing account." Not able to do a Ctrl+Shift+E on my mac. It does nothing. Also, there is no choice to "link" and NOT "add" the account to the existing account.

Perhaps these instructions are outdated or not for a Mac? Or maybe I am just not trying hard enough ;)

Best Answer

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Yes, his instructions are for the Windows version.

The Mac version always auto-enters transactions into the register. You can't disable that.

The whole ctrl+shift+E thing somehow relates to "new account discovery." The process is the similar on the Mac side. His instructions are so that the transactions are "Linked" to the existing account versus allowing the program to create a new account. You would want to link on the Mac side as well.

I don't know any of the backstory on what is going on-perhaps you could add the details to this thread. (I don't know if this post was broken off from another thread.)

There are ways to delete en-masse and group downloaded transactions. But, before I give any specifics, it would help to know what you are doing and why.

Thanks!
  • zoogirl
    zoogirl Member
    Thank you for your help! I upgraded about a week ago and was linking to my bank and I had hoped it would just pick up where it left off -- but it downloaded some transactions all the way back to 2014!! There was no way I could manually clean it up and I asked for help. I was directed towards Splasher's thread and only tonight had the opportunity to see if it would help me. That is when I realized that I probably mistakenly posted it in the wrong group. Your help in grouping the downloaded transactions would be greatly appreciated. I did not see anything that would allow me to do that.

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Thanks for the response. This shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Before I give instructions, do you still have the unwanted transactions in the register, or have you reverted back to a prior state before you imported them?

• zoogirl
    zoogirl Member
    I can bring back the backup file again and try again— but I currently have the unwanted transactions in my register. 
This discussion has been closed.