Can't see credit card payments in Transaction Window when reconciling...

Options
I just upgraded to Quicken 2019, for Windows

I have always reconciled my credit card at the end of the month.  The payment usually posts a few days after the end of the billing cycle, which is fine.  Just like any other account, if I reconcile after the payment has posted, it used to show in the right hand side of the window, and I could check it off.  Now, no matter which date I use for the reconciliation, I can't get that entry to appear.  

For example, I've been trying to reconcile up to my January payment (credited 1/9).  I can see the payment on the account register, but when I try to reconcile using either 1/9/19 or 1/10/19, it does not show.  This makes my total OFF by the entire amount of the payment. 

What is happening that doesn't let it show up?

Best Answer

Answers

• sjtideman
    sjtideman Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Here's a picture, if it helps.  I can see CREDITS in the payments side, but not the actual payment.  You can see CHARGES through 1/10, so you can see I used the 1/10 date here to try to reconcile.  But it is not picking up the 1/9 payment.  

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's the Statement End date on your Credit Card statement?  Because, it looks to me like it's 1/8/19 ... and your payment was dated 1/9/19 ... and hasn't been posted by the credit card company yet (NOTE, the blank entry in the CLR column).

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• sjtideman
    sjtideman Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    The statement ending date was 1/9.  I think I just didn't happen to charge anything on 1/9.  
    But honestly, it shouldn't matter - the date I put in the reconcile dialog box should pull every transaction up to and including that date, shouldn't it?  If I wanted to reconcile up to a point in the middle of the month, it should still work...

As of today, when I'm trying to do this, the payment from two and a half months ago was definitely posted and has been sitting in my register for quite some time.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• sjtideman
    sjtideman Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    That did it... without a doubt the whackiest thing I've seen yet in Quicken...  Thank you so much for pointing me to that thread!
This discussion has been closed.