I have a sell and transfer that won't show up correctly in either account How can I fix it?

I sold shares in a mutual fund, completed the sell screen and indicated the proceeds should be transferred to another account.  The sell end shows a negative number when it should be zero
 The receiving end of the proceeds doesn't show the money in that account.
I deleted both transactions to try again and it still won't work and now I have a additional problem, the sell account shows twice the negative number as what the original sale and transfer was.
 How do I correct this and get the transaction to work?

Best Answer

• budi
    budi Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have been unsuccessful in getting messages to go thru to you using email.  They consistently come back as deliverable
    I was able to resolve the issue   I just pulled the money from the first account instead of transferring it out to the second account and all is good. 
    Nothing to do with placeholders etc.
    Here is the error message I received when trying to reply to your and Sherlock's emails:

Jim_Harman (community+d7851505-s6031128@quicken.com)
    Your message was rejected by the recipient's domain because the recipient's email address isn't listed in the domain's directory. It might be misspelled or it might not exist. Try to fix the problem by doing one or more of the following:

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it negative shares or negative cash in the account where you recorded the Sell?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • budi
    budi Member ✭✭
    Dear Jim,
    AS an update, I closed quicken and reopened it and the negative cash value in the mutual fund with the sell corrected itself but the $$ haven't appeared in the fund that the monies were transferred to.
    What do you recommend?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven’t already, you may want to verify the register is sorted appropriately and there aren’t any unexpected filters being applied:  open the register, select the Date column header (you want the small triangle to right of Date to point up) and Reset.
  • budi
    budi Member ✭✭
    I did as you suggested and there was no change.
    I am having an additional problem.  I entered a sell from the screen for a holding and first it didn't recognize the security and then it said that I had no shares to sell.
    What is happening to my program?
    Thanks
  • budi
    budi Member ✭✭
    Also note my second comment above
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you right-click on the SoldX transaction and select Go to transfer, Quicken should take you to the transaction in the account you specified.
  • budi
    budi Member ✭✭
    Yes, it does but it does not show the money that was moved....it shows a zero balance in both accounts
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I suggest you include screen captures in a post that shows us what you're seeing.  
  • budi
    budi Member ✭✭
    I will have to come back to this as need to leave.
    Will get back to it as soon as possible.
  • budi
    budi Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Here are two screens...the first shows how I did the sell and set up the transfer.
    The second shows the receiving account with no money except the $1 that I used to open the account  Does that clarify it?

• Jim_Harman
    Also it appears that there is another column in the receiving account transaction list that is not shown in your screenshot. Try scrolling the window to the right. 
  • budi
    budi Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have been unsuccessful in getting messages to go thru to you using email.  They consistently come back as deliverable
    I was able to resolve the issue   I just pulled the money from the first account instead of transferring it out to the second account and all is good. 
    Nothing to do with placeholders etc.
    Here is the error message I received when trying to reply to your and Sherlock's emails:

Jim_Harman (community+d7851505-s6031128@quicken.com)
    Your message was rejected by the recipient's domain because the recipient's email address isn't listed in the domain's directory. It might be misspelled or it might not exist. Try to fix the problem by doing one or more of the following:

• Jim_Harman
    Sorry, there is no way to send emails via this forum. Responding to email notifications you receive does not work, you have to respond online as you did above.

I'm glad to hear that your problem is resolved.
This discussion has been closed.