Northwestern Mutual - Cant Add Another New Account to Existing I Already Have Setup

Quicken 2017 - Unable to create a new IRA account at Northwestern Mutual with Direct Connect. I have existing accounts with the same type of IRA already established and working with Direct Connect. When I attempt to add the new accounts it will not find the new accounts - just the old/existing. Its shows my current 3 accounts & 2 old unused accounts. I have 2 new accounts recently created that don't show up as an option to add. I verified on NMIS website that they are setup. Any thoughts?

Best Answer

• nsee285
    nsee285 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    yes after a few more calls it looks like its a data import issue between NMIS & Quicken that they are both working on. So we will see how long it takes... thanks for everyone's input on this!

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You use the same login info to access the accounts online, right?

Also this may be something NMIS has to enable on their end. I suggest you give them a call.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can try ...
    backup your file, then disable the current accounts and try from there. 

OR

setup a new file for testing. See if all accounts appear as available. If not, you know it is something on ther end. If they show, the disable first path should work. 
  • nsee285
    nsee285 Member ✭✭
    i did create a new file for testing & same issue. calling NMIS was no help as well. any other thoughts?

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    If tracking your IRA's via Quicken is more important than staying with NMIS, tell your NMIS advisor you will be moving your IRA's into another financial institution unless NMIS resolves the issue quickly. It will almost certainly take less time on your part to move them than for NMIS to fix the issue.
  • nsee285
    nsee285 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    yes after a few more calls it looks like its a data import issue between NMIS & Quicken that they are both working on. So we will see how long it takes... thanks for everyone's input on this!
This discussion has been closed.