Receiving Error When I Sync to Mobile

I am using Quicken 2019. I'm setting up to sync with Quicken Mobile but I am getting this message:  "The desktop transaction in "" ON "" for $0.00 was not synced.  The referenced resource (Parameter=accountID, ID=160882067224395008) does not exist."  I then get a message that I have to fix it before I can proceed.  I have no account or category called '"ON"".  I have run the repair & validate utility and verified I have the latest updates to Quicken.  Any suggestions?

Answers

• gwj123
    gwj123 Member ✭✭
    Have you tried doing a reset of your cloud data. I had an error and this is what fixed it for me.
    On the desktop, go to Mobile & Web tab, in upper right select preferences (should be next to the last synch date, will be 3 lines icon), on the left of that window, select preference type of Quicken ID, Synch & Alerts, then on the bottom right, select Reset your cloud data.
  • landrumr
    landrumr Member
    I tried that before I ran repair & validate but I reset the cloud again and no error message. Everything is now syncing properly. Thank you VERY much.
  • landrumr
    landrumr Member
    GWJ123.....oops, just encountered a new problem.  After the cloud reset, everything synced correctly. Then I re-synced later this morning and now my investments show up as zero.  No error messages. I verified all the investment accounts are checked.  Any suggestions.  (BTW....when I sync with 1-step update everything, including cloud sync, works normally.  But when I "sync now" using the button under "Mobile & Web" tab I get a "internal sync error. Please try again.".)
  • gwj123
    gwj123 Member ✭✭
    Sorry, wish I could be more help, the reset is what fixed my issue, so that was all I could suggest.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    landrumr said:
    GWJ123.....oops, just encountered a new problem.  After the cloud reset, everything synced correctly. Then I re-synced later this morning and now my investments show up as zero.  No error messages. I verified all the investment accounts are checked.  Any suggestions.  (BTW....when I sync with 1-step update everything, including cloud sync, works normally.  But when I "sync now" using the button under "Mobile & Web" tab I get a "internal sync error. Please try again.".)
    Hello @landrumr

I'm sorry to hear that you are continuing to experience issues syncing to the cloud and appreciate your taking the time to share the details of these issues with the Community.

If you are still receiving a "internal sync error" when selecting Sync Now from the Mobile & Web tab, please go to the Edit menu > Preferences.

In the Preferences window, select "Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts" - on the right side, is there a "Get Started" button under the Mobile & Web section?

If so, please click on the blue link "sign in as a different user" right above and enter "Yes" in the box that appears to confirm that you want to sign out of the Quicken ID.

Quicken should refresh and show a Quicken sign-in screen, when it does please close and re-open Quicken and then sign in with the same Quicken ID and password you are currently using.  When prompted select "Don't Use Mobile" and next through the registration process.

After registration when you can see your data file again, please go back to the Mobile & Web tab, there should now be a big "Get Started" button, please re-add the desired accounts to sync, the error should be cleared now, but please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • landrumr
    landrumr Member
    Thanks Sarah.....but my error message has mysteriously "vanished" and everything is working properly now.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @landrumr

I'm glad toe hear the error has cleared and everything is syncing correctly now. 

If the issues does return or if the Community can be of any further assistance, please let us know :)

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.