Investment account register report

When I print an investment register report, dividend reinvestment transactions report the dividend received (+cash) but does not include the shares bought (-cash)  half of the transaction. Also, the beginning and ending cash balances are not correct.

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    When I print an investment account register (open the account and press Ctrl + P), the ReinvDiv transactions provide the share price and the number of shares received.

When I print the Investment Transaction report (select Reports > Investing > Investment Transactions and press Alt + P), the ReinvDiv transactions provide the share price, the number of shares, the cash, and the cash and investment.  The beginning and ending balances are correct.  If you haven't already, I suggest you verify the report is sorted by Date/Account (select the Date column).

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I print an investment register report, dividend reinvestment transactions report the dividend received (+cash) but does not include the shares bought (-cash)  half of the transaction. Also, the beginning and ending cash balances are not correct.
    What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using? 
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of the webpage. At the top of the text entry window  you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• Quicken Premier
    Year:  2019
    Version:  R18.15
    Build:  24.1.18.15:

Note that the line labeled ReinvDiv shows the cash receipt (+52.64), but does not show the disbursement (-54.64) to buy the new shares.

The beginning and ending cash balances are not correct.
This discussion has been closed.