How to download a QFX and link or import to a Quicken Connect account?

Options
I'm starting from scratch to build a new Quicken setup.  I set up my bank as a Quicken Connect type, and it downloaded all transactions from the beginning of the year.  But I want last year's, as well. 

They do let me download a date range (of all 2018) as a QFX file.  When I imported this, there is no option to import it to the bank account; it set up a new "checking" account. 

OK, I'll try "move transactions" from this account to the right one.  But, I can't find "move" in the current Quicken.  (the right-click options from previous versions, is not there.)

Is there a way to do this now?  I used to move transactions from account to account all the time.   

Best Answer

Answers

• Dtinen
    Dtinen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, RickO, I should have thought of that. 

However, it also worked to download a QFX file, then while the account is selected, to use the Open... command to open it and adds it to the file as if it came from the bank under Quicken Connect. 
  • Dtinen
    Dtinen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Correction:  after you use the Open... command, it makes a "new" account, then you can use the Import command to add the transactions to the real account, complete with "uncleared" marks. 

Drag and drop puts the "manual" pencil mark in all the dragged transactions. 

REQUEST OF QUICKEN:  When opening a QFX file, instead of restricting options to "ADD" (new account), make it possible to Link to existing account, after entering the name of the account in the box.  I realize this could cause some issues if used improperly, but in my situation it would save me some time. 
  • Dtinen
    Dtinen Member ✭✭
    Options
    I concluded that, if you're starting from scratch and have more than 90 days of data you want in Quicken, start by downloading a QFX file from your credit card or bank account covering the period, don't go to Accounts/New first.  It seems easier to start that way, then do a link with the bank for automatic downloads. 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Dtinen said:
    REQUEST OF QUICKEN:  When opening a QFX file, instead of restricting options to "ADD" (new account), make it possible to Link to existing account, after entering the name of the account in the box.  I realize this could cause some issues if used improperly, but in my situation it would save me some time.  
    @Dtinen The developers are not going to see your request in this thread. If you want to give this request more visibility and hope the developers will act on it, you should create a new Idea thread in the "Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac" Category on this site. That allows other users to comment and/or vote in favor of the idea.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.