Quicken Premier Edition 2017 How do I edit number of share holding?

Options
Quicken Premier Edition 2017 How do I edit number of share holding?  
I cannot find a process that lets me edit the number of shares held, Resulting from update 2013 Premier edition to 2017 I have discovered number of shares held appears reset to Zero.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reset to zero for all your holdings? for all accounts? Or is this just one or a few. or just in one account?

Are you downloading transactions or entering them by hand?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • jdev1268
    jdev1268 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Following upgrade from Quicken Premier edition 2013 to Premier Edition 2017 all sharholdings number of shares reset to zero. There appears to be no process that permits editing the number of shares held why?
  • jdev1268
    jdev1268 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I followed your suggestion exact on no occasion was I offered select Update Share Balance. 
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jdev1268 said:
    I followed your suggestion exact on no occasion was I offered select Update Share Balance. 

I suspect you did not open the investment account.  To open an investment account, press Ctrl + A, and left-click on the account name.  If you do not see the account you want, check Show hidden accounts.

The image you provided is an Edit Security Details window of Ashanti Gold Corp (AGZ) that shows no transactions.  If you have entered transactions for this security in an investment account, I suspect the account has been set to Keep this account separate...: open the account, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Display Options tab
  • jdev1268
    jdev1268 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Opened Tools select manage hidden accounts no investment accounts in list. Select Investments my investment accounts included in list. I am now minded to to delete my apparently corrupt investment accounts and set up as new. Attached investment accounts display.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jdev1268 said:
    Opened Tools select manage hidden accounts no investment accounts in list. Select Investments my investment accounts included in list. I am now minded to to delete my apparently corrupt investment accounts and set up as new. Attached investment accounts display.
    The image you provided is a Security List window.  It does not list accounts.  It lists securities.

If you do not see any investment accounts in the Accounts List window that appears when you press Ctrl + A and check Show hidden accounts, I suggest you select Add Account.

If you actually had investment accounts in the Quicken 2013 data file, I suggest you attempt the conversion again. 

• jdev1268
    jdev1268 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    An update. I decided installing my recently purchased subscription Quicken Premier Edition 2019. I have also ordered Quicken for Windows: The Official Guide, Eighth Edition Paperback. In the hope that I will better understand more fully  Quicken. 
This discussion has been closed.