Can't add AT&T as Online Biller

124»

Answers

• Beijing MacBeijing Mac Member ✭✭✭
    I don't have AT&T issues with Quicken, however, my Online Bills window of the Bills in my Quicken Windows RPM 2017 has gone blank -- meaning the window does not list any bills / reminders / graphics / smiley faces or sad faces or anything.  A week ago I had several (5-8 or so) bill reminders I had set up for various utility bills (cable, gas), credit card payment reminders.  I can't add an Online Bill or anything.  Maybe it is more of a Quicken issue and not really related to AT&T?
  • cobiessoncobiesson Member
    I have exactly the same problem.  Attempt to login to AT&T to receive online bill (which used to work). It apparently contacts the site, sends back a pop down with a choice of phone numbers to send a verification code to.  I choose one, then enter, then Quicken says unable to update billers. frustrating.  
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @thorn5

I just checked the status of your escalation which shows it has been fixed and a code change enacted to send the verification code to the contact information AT&T has on file for you.

If you haven't yet, please try to add AT&T again and let me know if the verification code is now received.

Thank you,

Sarah
    edited April 8
    Don Awalt said:

Hi @QuickenSarah, thanks for the follow up, I'll lie low on this until I hear from you.
    Hi @Don Awalt

I also checked the status of your escalation which still shows that it is open and on-going, however, if you haven't yet, please try and add AT&T once more - do you receive the verification code now?

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Sarah,
    I am still unable to process connect with ATT.  I get the error message as follows: "Some information was entered in the wrong format. Type exactly as shown in labels below or check the login instructions at the biller's web site." I know for sure that my User ID and Password is correct. 

• Sarah,
    I am still unable to process connect with ATT.  I get the error message as follows: "Some information was entered in the wrong format. Type exactly as shown in labels below or check the login instructions at the biller's web site." I know for sure that my User ID and Password is correct. 
  • Galen GautreauxGalen Gautreaux Member ✭✭
    I continue to get the following error, which is the same error I always get,
  • I'm also getting the same error as @Galen Gautreaux.
  • Don AwaltDon Awalt Member ✭✭✭
    Don Awalt said:

Hi @QuickenSarah, thanks for the follow up, I'll lie low on this until I hear from you.
    Hi @Don Awalt

I also checked the status of your escalation which still shows that it is open and on-going, however, if you haven't yet, please try and add AT&T once more - do you receive the verification code now?

Thank you,

Sarah
    Hi  @QuickenSarah, I just tried it, and same error - it Authenticates, gives me the choices or phone number to text to, "Unable to update Billers".
  • thorn5thorn5 Member
    Quicken Sarah,
    Tried again to add AT&T as a biller.  This is to let you know that I did NOT received the verification code... just the same error as before "Unable to update Billers"...  same as everyone else on this thread.
  • I have had this issue as well, mint.com cant add it either, same error so its def AT&T.  wish this would get fixed sometime soon
  • thorn5thorn5 Member
    I was able to add AT&T in Mint just fine.  It's definately not just AT&T.
  • No such luck. I tried deleting the AT&T biller and re-adding it. I still am unable to add. the 1st message was that it was authenticating. 2nd I received the Your AT&T accounts needs additional information to be validate. 3rd I get the Unable to update billers. My only option is to Start Over or Close. 
  • thorn5thorn5 Member
    I successfully added AT&T as a biller in Mint (Intuit) by including my 4-digit (optional) security code along with my user name and password.  I immediately received a 6-digit one-time verification code that AT&T texted me, which is needed to complete sign-in to AT&T nowadays, and bingo... worked like a charm.

Still no luck adding AT&T in Quicken, though.  Same ole same ole.  Come on man.
  • KerryKerry Member ✭✭
    AT&T issues just showed up last week. Was fine before upgrading to the annual subscription: Quicken Deluxe  ver R18.16 build 27.1.18.16.
    Have the "wrong format" error and the "locked account" error. One hour on live chat as I explained the difference in an "account" and  a "biller" to the support person. Total waste of time.
    Any updates from anyone?
  • Please add me to the frustrated Quicken Users that cannot add an AT&T bill.  The online billers is a great feature and I've come to rely on it.  Like all the other posts, my problem started in December when AT&T rolled out 2 factor authentication for our own good.  My AT&T Online bill that worked for almost a year was now asking me to select a phone number to send me a text message.  I clicked on my number in the drop down list and received an error screen that I entered the information in the wrong format (come on this is a drop down list that you created).  I talked to Quicken support and they were quick to throw the blame on AT&T.   Called AT&T and finally got their Digital Assistance group.  Sent them logs and screen shots and they have been "working" on this problem since February with no resolution in sight.    I deleted the AT&T online biller that wasn't working (big mistake) and tried to readd it.  I now getting the same "Unable to update billers" error message everyone else is receiving.  
    I've done a validate, super validate (which fixed some other problems with bills) , a file copy, sign off and reset mobile-cloud data and anything else that I could think of but still have the problem.
    I felt it was an AT&T problem and have been calling them weekly until last week when Target got the bright idea to change their security authentication and yes, I now get the "Unable to update Billers" error.  So I now have 2 billers that I cannot readd or receive online bills.  In addition Target is classifying it as an unauthorized access and forcing me to change my security questions on their website!!!!   I can still down load Target transactions so fortunately that is not broken.
    Reading through this tread it appears that Quicken Sarah has to fix each instance of this problem on a case by case basis.  Please add me to the list of desperate users that needs to be fixed. 
    I'm using the Quicken for Windows subscription 
    Year: 2019
    Version: R18.16
    Build: 27.1.18.16
  • JTSJTS Member ✭✭
    It would be nice if Sarah posted what fixed each of these peoples problem. For myself I fixed it myself by creating a new datafile. I have been updating my eBillers reliably for over a month now. The problem was clearly not AT&T, like rewade19 I started having other failures after deleting and recreating the cloud file.

My theory is you should be able to delete the eBiller, recreate it, and start fresh that way, but that doesn't work because the eBiller doesn't actually get deleted, old data hangs around forever, Quicken needs to rewrite this routine to clean up.

In the meantime, for test, create another data file with a different name, adding only a dummy checking account then add the problem eBill. I found when I did this they updated flawlessly proving the problem was in my Quicken file.
  • Karen VierraKaren Vierra Member ✭✭
    What rewade19 said.  I'm still looking for a solution.
  • Yes, I'm having the same issue.  It will not accept the same user ID and password that I am currently using to login to AT&T's website directly.  Now I cannot download my AT&T bill at all.
  • All of a sudden about 3 weeks ago I suddenly became unable to login to my AT&T Account to download my bill through Quicken.  Did something change?

I'm on a Windows 7 PC with the latest Quicken update installed.  When I try to access AT&T, it tells me "some information was entered in the wrong format.  Type exactly as shown below or check the login instructions on the biller's website."
  • Quicken Admin

I talked to AT&T again today and they referred me to Quicken Ticket # 02519200.  I know that Thorn5  reported this back in March, but the problem still exists.   
    I'm not sure who originated this ticket, but you can add my name to it of users with a broken interface.

• Same problem adding AT&T here.....  
  • Galen GautreauxGalen Gautreaux Member ✭✭
    I tried to add AT&T today, and it worked!  The code was texted to my phone, I entered it, and it added it to my Quicken Bills.
  • I just tried and my AT&T sent me a code and it works! I was successful in adding it to my Quicken Bills.
  • thorn5thorn5 Member
    Same here.  YeeHaw!
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report that this issue is resolved for you. 

I also was able to successfully add and update AT&T in two separate data files this morning and so am closing this post as resolved.

If you are still unable to add/update AT&T Online Billers, please start a new post or contact Quicken Support.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.