Community Users: Please review and vote on the posted Ideas. Your vote matters!

UKR
UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you would like to see any of these ideas for enhancement made in a future version of Quicken please vote! Review all the Idea posts and vote. Add your own comments and suggestions.
Click the "Up" triangle under the voting count in the big blue box at the top of this webpage. Wait a moment for the vote count to be registered and updated before you go on.
If you later change your mind, click the "Up" arrow again to remove your vote.

Your vote matters. The software developers at Quicken review these posts and decide if they should be implemented in a future version of Quicken.

Vote counts from the previous version of this forum have been lost. Please vote again!

To see a list of all posted Ideas, locate the Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows subcategory under the Quicken for Windows main category.
For Mac ideas go to the Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac subcategory under Quicken for Mac
[Updated 4/12/19, UKR]

9 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do I find ideas to vote on?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    mshiggins said:
    How do I find ideas to vote on?
    Thanks for the reminder, @mshiggins I knew I had forgotten something ...

To see a list of all posted Ideas, locate the Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows subcategory under the Quicken for Windows main category.
    For Mac ideas go to the Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac subcategory under Quicken for Mac
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    But if they are seeing THIS idea thread, they are already in the IDEA category  ;)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    smayer97 said:
    But if they are seeing THIS idea thread, they are already in the IDEA category  ;)
    Not necessarily. This thread is also visible from the Community Home Page.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, how is that accomplished?

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just scroll down the pages and stumble across it. There's no magic that keeps it on the first page (except when someone keeps adding new comments).
  • Ebeth
    Ebeth Member
    edited February 2021
    I am aware that my membership has expired. I do not want to renew it. But I do want you to remove those 2 annoying banners from my program.
    [Removed - Disruptive/Rant/Speculation]
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Ebeth  The banners are what you get when your subscription requires; they can't be removed unless you renew your subscription.

When Quicken originally was switching to the subscription model, they intended to make the program work as "read only" when subscriptions expired. After considerable outcry from users, they changed to allow the program to still be usable for manual entry, but the tradeoff was what turned out to be the banners.

It's never made sense to me why Quicken wants to antagonize users in the way, but they apparently feel that (a) if you've chosen not to be a paying customer anymore, why would they care about catering to you, and (b) they'll persuade enough users to renew their subscription to weather the criticism they get. I'd think they'd get more renewals with honey than with a stick, but they apparently disagree. (And they have several years of data about renewals since this system was put in place.)

There are hundreds of posts about this in a thread that implored them to remove the banners -- and you can add your vote there too -- but the executives have said they do not plan to change the way the works. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993