is there a way to download transactions from Computershare into Quicken 2018

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
Downloading Computershare investments

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    There is no way that I am aware of.

And managing reinvested dividends manually in a Computershare account when I did it several years ago was difficult because they track share quantities to 6 decimal places. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    That's what I figured.  I emailed Aqua America (stock handled by Computershare).  He told me it couldn't be downloaded into quicken, but could be downloaded into Excel, which it cannot.
    Thanks for responding
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I had two stocks with Computershare up until a few years ago.  It was a very manual and tedious process entering and reconciling dividends.  I would up transferring the stocks to a much larger more service oriented investment provider and could not be happier.  You do have the option to transfer stocks to another institution without selling the stock if you choose to.  So no capital gains tax.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    GeoffG - I didn't know that since the stock I purchased was set up in Computershare back in the late 90's.  Thank you so much for the advice.  
  • dca2038
    dca2038 Member
    Options
    I just purchased Quicken and as I am setting up my accounts found that Computershare is not able to download.  I will probably ask for a refund since 5 of my stocks are managed by Computershare and so not want to manually insert transactions.  What good is a money management software in these times that cannot update automatically?
This discussion has been closed.