I need to take over a colleague's Quicken Deluxe (PC) Product Version 27.1.18.16, but I have a Mac.

Which version should I buy so the info will download and be compatable?

Best Answers

Answers

• Hi, I have agreed to take over bookkeeping for a non-profit art league, which was previously handled manually.  Someone entered a years worth of transactions onto their Quicken for Windows, which I transferred onto my brand new Quicken for Home & Business for Mac.  But now that I look at the data, I want to delete it and start from scratch.  So I need to know two things:  1) how do I delete all the data, and 2) how can I get started building a new chart of accounts, so I can hand-enter all the transactions for the past year?  Is there a step by step tutorial somewhere?  Thank you!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHY - since you have all the data for the year, wouldn't it be easier to just modify the data to reflect the way you want it to look....
    Also - just asking - did you review & get everything correctly transferred from Qwin to QMac - there are sometimes probs going from one world to the other -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, there is no such thing as Quicken for Home & Business for Mac.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no such product as "Quicken Home & Business for Mac". See graphic and notice that large white space to the right of Premier.
    SO, what are you actually running?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Thanks YOU Jacobs!  I never would have thought to look in "Categories" for a chart of accounts.  I was able to build my own custom accounts, per your advice, and am looking forward to digging into your "handy list of various resources" to learn more about how to use this program.
This discussion has been closed.