Name of Account Does not show completely

In my investment account the complete name of the account does not show - only a portion of it shows (in 2016 the complete name showed). Is there any way to have the complete name show when I open the register?

Best Answer

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing in Quicken Subscription that would have changed this. Have you looked at the name under Account List? Does it also show truncated? Can you provide a snapshot of the register heading that show the problem?
  • Neil32@
    Neil32@ Member ✭✭
    This appears only to be in Investment accounts.  I have longer names in savings accounts and the full savings names appear.  The account full name shows in the account list and also in the account details

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you show the register with the problem?  I am able to see account names in my register with many more characters than you show in your attachment with no problems.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Neil32@
    Neil32@ Member ✭✭
    I have attached a screen print of what shows up.  It only seems to be an issue for investment accounts (have checked 3 investment account and all have same issue but not savings accounts).  I the number of characters is the same but I replaced the account numbers with x's
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken may not like the XXX. Since you don't want the account numbers, why don't you remove them from the account name?
  • Neil32@
    Neil32@ Member ✭✭
    Bob_L said:
    Is your window set to full screen?  How about if you close the account bar?
    Yes, screen is full screen and account bar makes no difference
  • Neil32@
    Neil32@ Member ✭✭
    GeoffG said:
    Quicken may not like the XXX. Since you don't want the account numbers, why don't you remove them from the account name?
    I actually have numbers there but for the purposes of the screen print I replaced them with x's
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about In pop up mode?

• Neil32@
    Neil32@ Member ✭✭
    Bob_L said:
    I don't know what pop up mode is
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    View, use pop up registers .

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neil said:
    Bob_L said:
    I think, @Bob_L is asking about "popup registers" which show in a separate window.
    • To turn on (or off) select View / Use Pop-up Registers.
    Is it possible that there's an unprintable character between the "XXXX-XXXX" and "Joint Escrow" instead of a space?
    In my data file, Quicken always replaces "(€)" at the end of some of my account names with "..."
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the numbers in the actual account being replaced 1-for-1 with Xs?  Because in 2 different examples that you've shown, the account name seems  to end properly ... with "Joint Escrow".
    Where, exactly, is that truncated name showing up?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Neil32@
    Neil32@ Member ✭✭
    UKR said:
    Neil said:
    Bob_L said:
    I think, @Bob_L is asking about "popup registers" which show in a separate window.
    • To turn on (or off) select View / Use Pop-up Registers.
    Is it possible that there's an unprintable character between the "XXXX-XXXX" and "Joint Escrow" instead of a space?
    In my data file, Quicken always replaces "(€)" at the end of some of my account names with "..."
    Pop up register was checked as my normal setting and the account name was shortened.  When I unchecked pop up, the account name shows fully.  Would prefer to use pop up if I can get full name showing.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is really strange.  Could be corruption.  You might try adding a new investment account to see if it behaves the same way.

• Neil32@
    Neil32@ Member ✭✭
    Bob_L said:
    That is really strange.  Could be corruption.  You might try adding a new investment account to see if it behaves the same way.
    Just did a validate and repair but same views
This discussion has been closed.