Home Quicken for Mac Installing and Updating (Mac)

Can't Install or update Quicken Mac After deleting

Will LocoWill Loco Member
I Installed Quicken on my Mac, but the recent update wouldn't install.  I keep getting a message that I need to install into the application folder, but there's no way to do that.  I've tried deleting, but I keep getting the same message, and I'm not able to install now.

Best Answers

• Will LocoWill Loco Member
    Accepted Answer
    Hello Will Loco.

Did the troubleshooting provided help in getting your Quicken installed on your Mac?

Please let us know.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Yes It did...Thanks

Answers

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Will Loco Are you logged into your Mac with a user account that has Admin privileges, or a user account with Standard privileges. (On the Apple menu, open System Preferences, then open Users & Groups, and see what it says under the name of Current User.)

If you're an Admin user, let's try this. You have an existing Quicken app in the Applications folder, right? Try dragging it to the Trash. Now run the installer again. Does it install Quicken in the Applications folder now?
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Will Loco. Appreciate your question.

Which version of the MacOS are you using? 

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • I'm running Mojave 10.14.4
    edited April 2019
    jacobs said:
    @Will Loco Are you logged into your Mac with a user account that has Admin privileges, or a user account with Standard privileges. (On the Apple menu, open System Preferences, then open Users & Groups, and see what it says under the name of Current User.)

If you're an Admin user, let's try this. You have an existing Quicken app in the Applications folder, right? Try dragging it to the Trash. Now run the installer again. Does it install Quicken in the Applications folder now?
    Yes and no.  Although Quicken is installed in Applications folder, I keep getting the message that Quicken needs to be installed in the apps folder, I run the install, I see a quick search fir updates, and then I get this message:

@“Will Loco” If you rejected my response above, please post to answer the questions and describe what happens when you try the steps I suggested.
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which Applications folder? There is an Applications folder inside your user folder at:

HardDrive > Users > (username) > Applications 

It should NOT go in that folder. It needs to go in the top level Applications folder at:

HarDrive > Applications
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • I do see Quicken in the HD-App folder
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Will Loco..

Does it allow you to launch Quicken from this folder or is it still giving your the Applicartions folder error?

Please let us know.. Thank you!
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Hello Will Loco..

Does it allow you to launch Quicken from this folder or is it still giving your the Applicartions folder error?

Please let us know.. Thank you!
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    No It doesn't allow me to Launch. It keeps cycling between installing, and saying Quicken needs to be installed in the applications folder
  • jacobs said:
    @“Will Loco” If you rejected my response above, please post to answer the questions and describe what happens when you try the steps I suggested.
    My apology.  I didn't know answering yes or no impacts the individual responding to my question; I thought it was overall.  Now I know.
    No need to apologize — I was just trying to help, and at that time you had marked the  suggestions not accepted but hadn’t posted what you had tried and what happened. I’m still not sure if you tried what I suggested (trashing the Quicken application in the Applications folder and then re-running the installer).
  • jacobs said:
    No need to apologize — I was just trying to help, and at that time you had marked the  suggestions not accepted but hadn’t posted what you had tried and what happened. I’m still not sure if you tried what I suggested (trashing the Quicken application in the Applications folder and then re-running the installer).
    I did try your option, but it didn't work for me.  Thanks thou.
    Accepted Answer
    Hello Will Loco.

Did the troubleshooting provided help in getting your Quicken installed on your Mac?

Please let us know.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Yes It did...Thanks
This discussion has been closed.