I just downloaded the latest version of Quicken in Canada Now My TD bank account will not download

My TD bank accounts will not download into Quicken after I updated my software version of Quicken to the latest version in Ontario Canada. Error message says Quicken has trouble recognizing the download.   Is this going to be solved.  I use the web download from my TD bank site and have never had any problem with it for 10+ years

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Banderson001. Appreciate your question.

Are you getting any specific errors when trying to use the One Step Update? 

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Banderson001
    Banderson001 Member
    edited April 2019
    I don't use One Step update. I go to TD bank site and use web download with Quiken file type. It has worked perfectly for 10 plus years. With new software I just installed it doesn't download. A quicken message pops up saying it is having trouble with the file and I should try Open File. I can't find the file in my computer. Is TD Canada a recognized bank with the new software? Please suggest something. Don't ask me for more info. The bank download does not work. There must be a fix
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    "Please suggest something. Don't ask me for more info. The bank download does not work. There must be a fix"
    How would you suggest we help you?
  • I'd like you to consult your feedback on this latest software version and collect any errors in downloads from bank accounts.  Particularly TD bank and provide a solution
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you initiate that Web Connect download, save it to your desktop and then let's inspect it.
    What's the full name of the file?  It's a Text type of file (with a QFX suffix) so open it with NotePad or WordPad and see it it looks reasonable.
    ALSO, what Q product are you running?  What Build/Release of Q?  You can do HELP, About Quicken for this last piece of info.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Thanks. The new version of Quicken release R 16.22. Is set up to not recognize files with the extension .qfx. I found the download file from my bank in my computer and it loads into Quicken if clicked on. Clearly Quicken and TD bank need to make sure files with a .qfx extension are recognized. I have advised my bank
  • Yes this work around does work  Thanks. However it makes the product very hard to use and the TD bank still has Quicken listed as a supported download product. I have notified my Bank TD in Ontario Canada.  They have not agreed to fix it yet for the latest Quicken version  R16.22
  • MarcR
    MarcR Member ✭✭✭
    I have TD accounts that download flawlessly also in Ontario.  They are indeed .QFX files and I have had no issue for over 12 years except once... Browser updates, O.S. updates and anti virus issues could be the culprit.  I had to clear cookies in Firefox after one specific update that gave me download issues.  I've noticed other problems with cookies. For example, I could not access the TD Visa site anymore.  It worked fine in other browsers but no longer in Firefox.  Clearing the cookies for that site worked as well. I also do not use One Step Update for TD downloads. 
This discussion has been closed.