Very Slow To Update Prices

After the update bar completes, it takes about 2 minutes before the actual update completes and that I can continue to use the program.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Don. Appreciate your questions. Our apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Please let us know so that we can best help you further.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you running Quotes Update as part of One Step Update?
    Or are you running it separately from a Menu bar selection?
    How many securities are in your Security List? How many of those do you currently own? And how many are marked as on "Watch List"?
    A slow quotes update of many dozens or hundreds of quotes can be trimmed down by unchecking "Watch List" on unnecessary security entries.
  • Don60
    Don60 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Harold
    Thank you for getting back to me. 

Yes I am still having very slow updates and slowness throughout program. 

There are 56 positions in my portfolio of which 17 are options. I update the options manually.(The manual update is also very slow)

All positions are owned.

I update by using the update tab button on top of portfolio screen.

I do not understand what you mean by "watch list".  Where can I uncheck items? 

My QDF file is 85MB. Have been a quicken user for about 15+ years.  I have another account that is much smaller and runs much faster. 

Any help you can give is much appreciated.  Thanks. Don

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don said:
    There are 56 positions in my portfolio of which 17 are options. I update the options manually.(The manual update is also very slow)
    I have 82 quotes - stocks and mutual funds....
    Just did it from the --> Invest --> Update
    --> Quotes - about 10 secs
    --> Historical Prices (5 years) - about 20 secs

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don said:
    I do not understand what you mean by "watch list".  Where can I uncheck items? 

Bring up Tools / Security List.
    You will find a column "Watch List" there.
    By default, any new security you add will be added to the Watch List, too (unless you pay attention and uncheck the Watch LIst box).
    The Watch List is an optional part of your Portfolio Views, when grouped by account. You can use it to track stocks which you don't own.
  • Don60
    Don60 Member ✭✭
    Harold
    I have found the security list tab. It contains a huge list of closed option positions accumulated over the years. Both the watch and quote boxes are checked. I assume this is main reason for my problem. Is there an easy way to uncheck the boxes or must I do this one security at a time?  Also would things improve if I hide these securities? Also is there an easy way to do this?  Do not want to do anything that might change historical value of the portfolio as I need this for reports.  Thanks in advance for your assistance.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back up you file first to be sure, but you should be able to hide securities and un-check the Watch List and Download Quotes boxes for securities you no longer hold without affecting historical prices.

I don't know any way of doing this in bulk.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.