How do I change the web address for a brokerage firm?

I have a new account I am trying to set up for online transactions, but can't do so because the web address for my brokerage firm that Quicken brings up is not the one I need to use.  I have tried everything I can think of to change the address, but can't get it changed.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What brokerage?  And note that Q frequently uses a different URL than that used for customer login.
    Also, what Q product are you running?  What country?  What Build/Release of Q?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this last piece of info.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rock Chalk
    Rock Chalk Member
    I'm using Quicken Premier and the brokerage firm is VOYA Financial which use a different URL than customer login.  I'm in USA.  Build 27.1.18.16
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I'm using Quicken Premier and the brokerage firm is VOYA Financial which use a different URL than customer login.  I'm in USA.  Build 27.1.18.16
    If this is a brokerage account, Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. supports the Direct Connect connection method.  If this is a 401(k) account, Voya Financial Partners, LLC supports the Web Connect connection method and Voya Institutional Plan Services supports the Direct Connect and Web Connect connection methods.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I'm confused when I see these mentions of URLs -
    When I setup a "new account" in Quicken - I just walk thru the Quicken screens, make the FI choices, supply my financial User ID / password - and done...
    I've never had to actually enter or even view a URL for connection.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ps56k : But you still need to properly select the FI, and in some cases such as cited for Voya, there may be multiple options to select from.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    q_lurker said:
    @ps56k : But you still need to properly select the FI, and in some cases such as cited for Voya, there may be multiple options to select from.
    Yes - we have that with Fidelity - for normal brokerage - and for 403b -
    My comment was that I've never seen any Q screen or been required to enter a URL -
    so am not sure why that is even being discussed.....
    Unless - they are trying a manual download from the Voya website vs One Step Update -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a new account I am trying to set up for online transactions, but can't do so because the web address for my brokerage firm that Quicken brings up is not the one I need to use.  \
    Where or how are you trying to setup this account for online transactions ?
    As I mentioned - unless you are manually downloading from the Voya website - Quicken totally handles the new account setup with just normal Quicken screen selections, so not sure what "web address" is being brought up by Quicken -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look at the screenshot above for Voya Financial Advisors, Inc, it shows a web address of voya.com. I think the confusion is that this is not the same address that users enter to access their accounts.

My experience is that if Quicken presents more than one variation of the FI name, you may have to contact the FI and/or try all of them to find the one that works for your account.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.