Investment Portfolio

Securities w/out the ticker symbol prices don't update automatically such as bonds.
The ones that are not downloaded/updated have a clock alert beside them
Once you manually change the price, is there a setting to release the clock alert so I know which ones I've fixed and which ones are still not updated. 

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    The clock icon indicates when a security price was last updated.  If you do not want to see the icon to be present, update the price history of the security appropriately.  If you want to proceed down this path, you may be interested in importing future price history for the security using a CSV file: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-import-historical-security-data-quicken
  • crabassa
    crabassa Member ✭✭
    update the price history of the security appropriately  <-- I am updating the price on the screen on the total portfolio page, highlight the old price and typeover the new price.  I even went back into the security and clicked edit security and the new price I put in manually is there under the price history, so it's been updated.  
    But the clock doesn't go away.  Is there another way to do it other than these two?  Because neither of these make the report see the change. 
  • crabassa
    crabassa Member ✭✭
    I thought it had worked before, we'd just loaded the 2019 new membership.
    Now I see that if it's a stock that does have a ticker and you change the price manually, the icon does go away, so you can see which ones you haven't fixed yet.
    But, the bonds that are my problems (they all have similar names and hard to track which ones are which) don't change the icon, so it makes the monthly updating more of a project that it needs to be.  If you are able, please ask the tech writers to fix this feature.  Thanks.    
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    crabassa said:
    update the price history of the security appropriately  <-- I am updating the price on the screen on the total portfolio page, highlight the old price and typeover the new price.  I even went back into the security and clicked edit security and the new price I put in manually is there under the price history, so it's been updated.  
    But the clock doesn't go away.  Is there another way to do it other than these two?  Because neither of these make the report see the change. 
    Have you confirmed the price history is actually updated with the new value with today's date?  

There is an issue when we attempt to replace the price with the original value in the Portfolio view.  The work around is to enter a different value and then reset it.
  • crabassa
    crabassa Member ✭✭
    thanks for the renaming tip, I've done that to keep them separate and know they're the ones that have to be manually updated. 
    thanks for the input, it's good to know I'm not the only one w/ this issue.  
    I hope that in the future, Quicken will fix  a switch on the icon so that if the price is manually posted to the correct price for that date, the icon will supress. 
This discussion has been closed.