Portfolio View Errors, Stock returns off or Missing

Options
Loren
Loren Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Using Quicken Premier 2017 for Windows.  Portfolio view works fine for mutual funds.  However, reported YTD return for individual stocks is way off, and the 3 and 5 year returns are omitted.  This has been going on for 2 months or more.  Examples are stock symbols FUN, JPM and BP.  None of my individual stocks are reporting correctly.  I am a long time Quicken user.  

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    What are the exact names of the columns with wrong or missing data? The "Return (%)" columns are based on data from Quicken's quote provider, which has had problems in recent months.

I agree Quicken should get the quote problems fixed or get a new quote provider.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Loren
    Loren Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    The columns are: Return (%) YTD, Return (%) 3-Year, Return (%) 5-Year.

Again, the return figures for mutual funds are accurate.   

Curious how they could let this go on in error so long.
  • Jim Hamren
    Jim Hamren Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Loren said:

The columns are: Return (%) YTD, Return (%) 3-Year, Return (%) 5-Year.

Again, the return figures for mutual funds are accurate.   

Curious how they could let this go on in error so long.

I have the same problem, but with mutual funds.
  • Loren
    Loren Member ✭✭
    Options
    The issue I raised last August has not changed.  My Portfolio report is still omitting "Return (%) 3 year" and "Return (%) 5 year" for individual stocks.  The report is complete for mutual funds.  This has been going on now for over 1 year.  Any ideas?

I am running Quicken Premier 2017 for Windows on a MacBookPro on VM Ware Fusion 5 (which allows running Windows on a Mac).  The Windows issue is Windows 7.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As noted above, the data in the "Return (%)" columns comes from Quicken's quote provider. There have been problems with missing data in this feed for a long time, but no action from Quicken to get them fixed.

If you are interested in your personal returns for securities you hold and the transaction data is correct in Quicken, I suggest you use the "Avg. annual return (%)" columns instead for periods of one year or longer. For shorter periods, use "ROI (%)" which is not annualized.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.