Syncing 2 computers and one IPhone

I have a Acer Desktop, MS Surface Pro and a IPhone all running Windows 10.  I have a Quicken subscription running Quicken Deluxe.  I want to sync all three.  I do all the entries myself with no outside connections with banks, etc. I would like to sync all three and would like to know the following:

My backup data file is in Documents on One Drive.  Can I use this file when opening Quicken Deluxe on my Desktop and Surface Pro as long as I close and sync one computer before opening Quicken on the other.  Will my IPhone remain synced to my Surface Pro as it is now?  Or the most recent backup on my One Drive?

I have other software from other small manufacturers that will sync everything.  Maybe Quicken can look into this?

Thank you for a response,

Richard Cote

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt you have an iPhone running Windows 10. You can use the Quicken Mobile app on the iPhone to view/update accounts that you have selected to sync. You can't sync the desktop and the tablet. Your Quicken data file should be stored in your Documents folder in the Quicken folder. You don't want OneDrive to sync Documents. You can backup to OneDrive and then restore to the Documents/Quicken folder on the tablet and then backup to OneDrive.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Richard Cote said:
    My backup data file is in Documents on One Drive.  Can I use this file when opening Quicken Deluxe on my Desktop and Surface Pro as long as I close and sync one computer before opening Quicken on the other. 
    A clarification - the Quicken SYNC is not what you think it is....   It merely does a SYNC to the Quicken Cloud for access from the Quicken Mobile App or the Quicken Access via Web (browser access) - it is NOT a file sharing concept.
    The Quicken backup file is created from the Quicken --> File --> Backup - menu command.... not the Sync command -
    AND.... it would have to be --> File --> Restore - from another computer to be useful.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you can rename a .QDF-Backup to .QDF and open it with Quicken.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.