Adjust Share Balance Transaction is "invisible"

I need to adjust some share balances (basically trying to zero out an old account), and while it seems to be effected (value is now at $0), the transactions I entered are "invisible." They are not shown in the register/list of transactions. How can I see what I just did???

Best Answer

Answers

• operaflute
    operaflute Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you! (But why on earth would you want to hide transactions?)
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, I think transactions should be un-hidden by default
    QWin Premier subscription
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I surrender, why DID you hide those transactions ... because, by default, only "Placeholder Transactions" are hidden.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• operaflute
    operaflute Member ✭✭✭
    I did not purposefully hide any transactions.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    @NotACPA

Since Adjust Share Balance is just a manually entered Placeholder, it is hidden along with the placeholders if Show hidden transactions is not checked.

Also I think you will find in QWin 2019 and other recent versions, if Show hidden transactions is not checked (the default) and you have a placeholder and you enter a transaction for that security for a date earlier than the placeholder that would affect the cash balance (Buy, Sell, etc), Quicken will insert a linked and hidden Cash balance adjustment.

These are revealed along with the placeholders when you check the Show hidden transactions box. Unlike the placeholders, they do not have a gray background, making them hard to spot when you try to clean things up.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.