Chase Credit Card Account downloads into Quicken for Mac 2007 but saved Data file will not reopen

High Sierra 10.13.6 Quicken for Mac 2007 16.2.4

Thank you to everyone for helping solve the QFX file download problem from a Chase Credit Card account into Quicken for Mac 2007. However I now have a new problem. I can download the QFX file normally but when I close Quicken and try to re-open the Data File it states "unable to open file."  I then decided to input all the transactions manually and the same thing happened.  If I input 50% of the transactions it will re-open. Is there some kind of size limit on the Data File?  My Data File is ~28MBs.  Any help would be much appreciated.     

Best Answer

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    While there are some certain soft file limits (like so many categories, accounts, number of transactions, etc.), total file size isn't really the issue.

For starters, take a look at this:

https://www.quicken.com/support/message-when-opening-quicken-mac-unable-open-file

Also, make sure your file is stored locally on your machine and not shared/networked/synced with iCloud, etc.

• Michael Tracy
    Michael Tracy Member ✭✭
    John_in_NC.  Thank you for your response.  Fortunately I save copies of "good Data Files" and I found the Quicken Support note doesn't help reopen the "bad" files.  I turned off iCloud but to no avail.  Once again this morning after updating my accounts and portfolio I was unable to re-open the saved data file.  This is extremely frustrating and It really does feel like I have hit some kind of limit.  Further insight from anyone on how to resolve this matter would be greatly appreciated.    
  • Michael Tracy
    Michael Tracy Member ✭✭
    One other clarification.  The Quicken response states "unable to load file" not "unable to open file" as I previously wrote.  
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Michael,

I would try creating a new Admin on the computer.

https://support.apple.com/kb/ph25796?locale=en_US

I would then try to open a copy of one of the "Good Files" on the new admin and see if the issue persists.

Be sure to give the new user/admin-full permissions so you may access to everything on the original admin.

~~~***~~~
  • Michael Tracy
    Michael Tracy Member ✭✭
    Tyka, Thank you for your suggestion but unfortunately Quicken behaved in the same manner as before.   
  • Michael Tracy
    Michael Tracy Member ✭✭
    John_in_NC, Thank you once again for all your advice.  Reindexing and Copying the File appears to have resolved the issue, at least for the moment.  
This discussion has been closed.