Categories not syncing with Quicken Mobile

Epicdude
Epicdude Member
Ever since I upgraded to Quicken 2019, categories have stopped going to the Quicken Mobil app.  I can sync all may accounts without any problems.  I have never has the problem before Quicken 2019.  I have the latest version of the Quicken Mobil app.

Any suggestions???

Comments

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Epicdude. Appreciate your question.

I would recommend deleting your current cloud profile: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows and then do a One Step Update to ensure that all of your current information in Quicken is being sent to the Cloud so that it can be seen on the Mobile app.

Please let us know if this works for you or if you have any other questions.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • chrisbowden139
    chrisbowden139 Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue and deleted my cloud data and performed a new cloud sync setting up all of my accounts again.  Same problem.  The mobile app will not allow for the selection of a category or the creation of a category.  I can save the transaction but have to then sync with the computer and input the category later.

Furthermore, my Quicken Deluxe is not automatically syncing with the cloud any longer.  I have to force a sync using the "Mobile & Web" tab and generally I have to do it twice for it to actually connect and sync.  The software always used to "ask" if I wanted to sync with the cloud when exiting the program and that has disappeared as well.

This last update to both the software and the mobile app seem to be causing problems as I did not have these issues prior.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @chrisbowden139

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues and thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Are you using Mobile for Android or iOS?  What is the installed App version?

Please also review the steps provided at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20000294#Comment_20000294 and let us know if they help to resolve the issue with the desktop software and having to force a sync from the Mobile & Web tab.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • chrisbowden139
    chrisbowden139 Member ✭✭
    Sarah,

Thank you for the response. I initially reset all mobile sync on both the cloud and the software and that seemed to help on the iOS side with my iPad.  However, the Android app is still experiencing the same issues.  The Android app version is 5.13.0 (13070).

No change on the desktop software.  Still no resolution there on the auto sync to mobile.  You have to force sync with the mobile & web for information to be shared. I'm on Quicken Deluxe version R18.16, build 27.1.18.16. 

Hopefully the developers will be able to resolve these issues.

Thanks
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hi @chrisbowden139

Thank you for that additional information and attempting to complete the steps listed in the referenced thread.

May I ask, when going to the Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID Sync & Alerts - does it show a "Get Started" button under the Sync & Alerts section?

Or does it show the "Reset your cloud data" link?

Thank you,

Sarah
  • chrisbowden139
    chrisbowden139 Member ✭✭
    It shows "Get Started"
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello @chrisbowden139

Thank you for the response and confirming that it shows "Get Started" in the Sync & Alerts section.

That indicates a disconnect in the internal sync communications and while the sync may show that it is active in Quicken, it is actually not connected internally and preventing the sync from completing during a One Step Update.

If you haven't already, please select the blue link just above the Sync & Alerts section that says "Sign in as a different user".

A window will open, type "yes" in the bottom to confirm that you really do want to sign out of the Quicken ID.  

Quicken should then refresh and show a sign-in screen.  At this point, please close and re-open Quicken then sign-in, using the same Quicken ID and password that you are currently signed in with.

The next screen should ask you about using Mobile.  On this screen, please select "Don't Use Mobile" and then Next.

**If you do not receive the request about using Mobile Sync and instead see the registration complete screen immediately, please pause troubleshooting and let me know.**

Otherwise, after selecting to not use Mobile and completing registration, go to the Mobile & Web tab which should now show a "Get Started" button.  Add one account to sync and then run the One Step Update - does the sync complete successfully and show the correct data in the Mobile/Web Apps?

If so, please add the remaining accounts for sync and run the One Step Update once more - does the sync complete?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • chrisbowden139
    chrisbowden139 Member ✭✭
    Sarah,

I followed your steps and it appears that the sync is working again on my Android device.  However, the desktop software still does not automatically sync with mobile on exit anymore.  Please advise.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hi @chrisbowden139

I'm glad to hear that those steps worked and the sync is working once more. 

If you got to the Mobile & Web tab at the very top of Quicken, is the option to "Remind me to sync to Quicken Cloud on Exit" marked?

Thank you,

Sarah
  • chrisbowden139
    chrisbowden139 Member ✭✭
    Yes, it is checked.  See attached

• Quicken Sarah
    Hi @chrisbowden139

Thank you for confirming the option to remind to sync on exit is checked.  May I ask, do you also have the preference to remind to create a backup when exiting Quicken turned on as well?

If so, when exiting Quicken do you use the File menu > Exit or just click the "x" in the upper right corner?

We've received a few other reports from Users that they are not receiving the prompt to sync on exit as well so I'm trying to narrow down the commonality between the reports to determine where the root cause of this issue originates from.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • chrisbowden139
    chrisbowden139 Member ✭✭
    Sarah,

The issue has occurred less and pop ups are now happening more often than not. I exit the program both ways, either by clicking just the "x" or going through File menu Exit.  I do have the preference to remind me to create a backup and that also seems to be working most of the time. 

I've seen the issue exiting both ways, so I don't know that it is isolated to just one way of exiting the program.  Bottom line is that something changed which has made the situation better.  I received an update recently so maybe that was part of it.  Keep me posted and I'll be happy to assist in any way possible.

Thanks
    Chris
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @chrisbowden139 ,
    in Edit / Preferences / Backup what are your settings for creating Automatic and Manual Backups? The frequency of creating backups every [xx] times you close Quicken  could have an impact on when backups and syncs are performed ... OK, I'm guessing ... but tell us what your settings are before making any changes.
    IMHO, for best results, you should create both Automatic and Manual Backups every [1] times you close Quicken.
    One can never have enough backups.
This discussion has been closed.