Home Quicken for Windows Installing and Updating (Windows)

I like 2016 Home & Business

I like 2016 just how it is, and don't want to "update" but now with the downloading feature disabled the software is severely crippled.
Is there anyway to re-enable the financial institution downloading without updating or paying an arm and a leg? I don't need any of the other garbage that comes with a subscription and don't need any feature not already part of the software I own and paid for.

Best Answer

Answers

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, you bought a license to use Quicken 2016, you do not own the software, if you did, you would have the source code and could have a programmer change it to do whatever you wanted.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    splasher said:
    BTW, you bought a license to use Quicken 2016, you do not own the software, if you did, you would have the source code and could have a programmer change it to do whatever you wanted.
    I wish! If only Quicken would follow the Asus router software model. Asus allows much of the code to be open source, keeping proprietary code secret but distributable as binary blobs. So a programmer can fix bugs in the open source parts and rebuild.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
This discussion has been closed.