Quicken Mobile-Payee information is pulling from memo field. how to correct?

Options
In quicken mobile, the payee information in my transactions are showing what appears to be from the memo field at my bank, a generic "Debit Purchase".  How do I fix this?

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @pdecatrel

I apologize for any confusion, the Memo column in the Quicken desktop software is called "Notes" in both the Mobile and Web Apps.

Quicken for Windows 2019 R19.44 Register View with Memo Field Highlighted

Web App Register View of Same Transactions

Mobile App View of Transaction Level Details

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are any further questions/concerns we can assist with.

Thank you,

Sarah

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Options
    Hello @pdecatrel

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Please take a moment and review https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7803899/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

To be sure we are understanding the situation correctly - when you are viewing transactions in the Mobile App, the Payee field of the transaction contains data from the memo field, such as "Debit Purchase" and does not show the correct Payee name - is that right?

If so, does the correct Payee name show in the Memo field of the transaction or is the Payee info missing completely?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • pdecatrel
    pdecatrel Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sarah,  Thanks for getting back to me.  On my computer, I can see the whole string.  For example,"Debit Card Purchase 05/01 1/BONELLO'S PIZZA  TORRANCE CA" in the downloaded transactions.  The first part before the "/" (Debit Card Purchase 05/01 1) is in the Payee box and the part after the "/" (BONELLO'S PIZZA  TORRANCE CA) is in the memo box.  This is incorrect.  But, I can still categorize because I can see who the payee is even if it is in the wrong box.  

On the mobile app, I am only seeing the part before the "/" in the payee field.  There is no memo field.  So, I cannot see who the payee is and therefore don't know how it should be categorized.  

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Patrick

• Quicken Sarah
    Options
    Hello @pdecatrel

Thank you for that additional information, although it does confirm that there is not an easy solution for this issue.

Quicken enters data exactly as it is received from the Financial Institution and if the transactions are transmitting with the memo details in the payee field and the payee details in the memo field, the information has to be corrected from the origin source of the data, or in other words, the Financial Institution server.

If you haven't already, I would recommend contacting your Financial Institution and speaking with the Online Banking team.  Provide them with a copy of your OFX Log File and request an escalation to the in-house OFX Team to have the formatting of the transactions corrected.

The OFX Log contains the details of the internal communications between Quicken and the Financial Institution and shows exactly what data Quicken is receiving and should be everything they need to start the escalation.

The OFX Log can be found by going to the Help menu in Quicken > Log Files > OFXLog.txt and selecting to "Save As".

In the meantime, you should be able to view the Memo field by opening the transaction in the Mobile App or by adding the "Notes" column in the Web App view.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are further questions/concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • pdecatrel
    pdecatrel Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sarah,
    I don't understand this statement,

"In the meantime, you should be able to view the Memo field by opening the transaction in the Mobile App or by adding the "Notes" column in the Web App view."

The mobile app does not show a Memo field.  And, I do not know how to "add the Notes column in the Web App view"
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello pdecatrel,

Sorry, to hear that you are unable to find the 'Note' section on the mobile app.

When the mobile app is open, select the account and then select a specific transaction.

When the transaction has been opened, there is a 'Note' section, see below.

See if the memo information is listed here on the mobile app.

Hope this helps!
    ~~~***~~~
  • pdecatrel
    pdecatrel Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tyka,
    It is not the note section that I need.  Quicken Mobile has no Memo field.  In the desktop app, the payee information I need is downloading into the Memo field.  But, I cannot see it in the mobile app, because there is no Memo field.  Can the Memo field be  added to the mobile app?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello Pdecatrel,

The note section is the memo field in the mobile app.
    You can try using the web companion at https://app.quicken.com/ this can be accessed on a mobile device.

However, the web companion also labels the memo column as notes but it should contain the same information as the memo field in Quicken.

Unfortunately, if the necessary information isn't listed you will need to contact your financial institution as Quicken Sarah has outlined above regarding the information downloading into the incorrect fields in Quicken.

~~~***~~~
  • pdecatrel
    pdecatrel Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have checked the Notes field on my device and the web companion.  There is nothing in that field.  In the desktop app, I can clearly see the Payee information in the Memo field.  Where does that information go when synced with the mobile app?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @pdecatrel

I apologize for any confusion, the Memo column in the Quicken desktop software is called "Notes" in both the Mobile and Web Apps.

Quicken for Windows 2019 R19.44 Register View with Memo Field Highlighted

Web App Register View of Same Transactions

Mobile App View of Transaction Level Details

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are any further questions/concerns we can assist with.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.