Shares sold/purchased changing to Bonds sold/purchased

Options
When I click into edit an accepted downloaded transaction that had an unidentified security to update that security, the transaction window pops up but the shares sold/purchased changes to bonds sold/purchased, and the decimal point on the quantity changes to reduce the quantity. I then have to change it back. 

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's the Security Type associated with this security? Should be Stock, not Bond.
  • STLBruce
    STLBruce Member
    Options
    Yes, it is a stock.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @STLBruce

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

When reviewing the downloaded transaction, before accepting it into the register, does the transaction download and show correctly as a stock sold/buy?

It's only when editing the transaction, after accepting it into the register that the transaction details change to a Bond sold/buy type transaction?  Is that correct?

If so, is Quicken set to automatically add downloaded transactions to your investment registers, or do you review and manually accept the transactions?

If you manually review them, does the same experience occur if the security details are added prior to accepting the transaction?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • STLBruce
    STLBruce Member
    Options
    Yes, the transaction shows correctly as a stock buy/sell when it is downloaded, but about half of the transactions don't come across with a security for some reason (just the data), so I accept the transaction and then go in and add the security. This is when it changes the transaction to a bond. Which means yes to your second question. Qucken does not automatically put transctions into my register, I go in an accept them. I will have to watch to see if all of the transactions change to bonds or just the ones I have to change after accepting, and whether it is different if I put in the security before I accept. As noted, I usually accept them into the register and then change them. Thanks for the follow-up.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @STLBruce

Thank you for the response and additional information.  Once there are more transactions to download, please let us know how it goes and what happens.

Thanks again!

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.