Quicken Cloud / Web Access - actually accesses your accounts "real time"

Options
Ps56k2
Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in Using Quicken on the Web
(posted same Q&A in both the Mobile App and Web Access)
I was curious about the Quicken Cloud and using the Web Access, and Mobile App -
- so setup a test QDF file and did the appropriate tasks to select some accounts, Sync, and then look at things from the Quicken Web Access (and Mobile App).
NOTE - I just did the setup and Sync - ONCE - and never opened the QDF file again.
Here is what I noticed.
The Quicken Web Access (and Mobile App) have some similar screen displays by topic.
- Banking & Credit Cards (**)
- Recent Transactions (**)
- Top Trending
- Spending over Time
- Net Income over Time
- Investing (++)
- May(month) Budget
- Investing - Top Movers
- Banking - Top Payees
I was expecting for things to be "static" based upon the last Sync from the desktop software.
This is only partially true....
The items with the (**) are updated in REAL TIME - and therefore, somehow, are actually accessing our banking accounts.  This implies that the Quicken Cloud has somehow captured and retained our online banking User ID and password.
It appears that the Investing (++) screens only have avail the Security List and number of shares owned - but updates the display with the current price quote .... but no transactions -
SO - I was not expecting that the Quicken Cloud would capture, retain, access, and use our banking User ID and password -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Best Answer

Answers

This discussion has been closed.