Re-reconcile old statement?

In Q2007Mac the starting and ending balances and dates for account reconciliations were kept in a list and I could re-reconcile any statement at any time. I can't figure out how to do this in Q2019Mac. 
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• ljonas
    ljonas Member ✭✭
    I do not know anything about Mac's but in Windows I have to mark all of the reconciled transactions as unreconciled before I am able to redo a reconciliation.  Fortunately, I am able to pick all the rows I want and change them in one swoop.

Hope this is helpful.
  • idowell
    idowell Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your suggestions, but that methods still require me to have the statement on hand and to start/end balances and dates.  When I really need this functionality is when I find a transaction which has been entered in the wrong account and I want to replace the placeholder that was entered at the time of original reconciliation.  Since the only way I can mark the corrected transaction as "reconciled" (green) (as opposed to "cleared" (blue)) is to figure out which transactions are on that statement, unmark them all, then re-mark them, replacing the placeholder with the corrected transaction.  In Q2007Mac, I just clicked on the statement I wanted to re-reconcile, delete the placeholder, and check the clear box for the corrected transaction.
This discussion has been closed.