Does Quicken store my userid and passwords in their cloud servers

I have an active license of Quicken Premier for Mac.  I’d like to know if Quicken is storing the userids and passwords for my financial institutions in their servers in the cloud or if they are only locally stored on my MacBook.  Thank you for the clarification!

Best Answer

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, your user ID and Passwords are stored on Quicken servers. This article should provided more detail.

• JamesE112
    JamesE112 Member ✭✭
    Ok.  Is this required in order to only locally use Quicken for Mac?
    If not, can you give me instructions to definitively delete my data (financial info, useirds and passwords) from your Cloud?

I do not want to store this data outside of my laptop where I can control it. 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your User ID and Pwd are ONLY stored in the cloud IF you choose one of the following options:
    • You use Quicken Connect (on the Mac) or Express Web connect (on a PC) to connect to your bank/cards/brokerages/etc
    • You use the Q Mobile App or you use Quicken on the Web
    The User ID and Pwd are NOT stored in the cloud if you exclusively use Web Connect, or Direct Connect to download

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your usernames and passwords will be stored in the cloud if you sync your data to the cloud even if you do not use the mobile app or the web app. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.