Why is my investment data shown on Quicken on the Web wrong

I uploaded/synced my investment accounts to Quicken.  The data is reported correctly in the Quicken mobile app, but it is incorrect in Quicken on the Web.  How is that possible?  Don't both apps use the same uploaded/synced data?

Best Answer

Answers

• KenS Fin
    KenS Fin Member ✭✭
    Anyone have any suggestions?
  • KenS Fin
    KenS Fin Member ✭✭
    To be clear, all the accounts show up in the web portal, but the contents and amounts are incomplete.  Yet they ARE complete and CORRECT when I look at the same data through the mobile app.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @KenS Fin

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Issues such as this can happen if the data becomes "out of sync" with the server and usually can be corrected by performing a reset of the cloud data.

If you are still experiencing this issue and haven't already, please reset the cloud data.

If using Quicken for Windows, please go to the Edit > Preferences window and select "Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts" from the left side of the window.  On the right side then select "reset my cloud data".

In Quicken for Mac go to the Quicken menu > Preferences > Connected Services and click "reset".

Once the process completes your accounts will need to be re-added for syncing and once done the data should be correct across all devices but please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • KenS Fin
    KenS Fin Member ✭✭
    Hi Sarah!

Thanks for the suggestions.  So I followed your instructions, but it did not resolve the issue.  When I selected the "reset my cloud data", the software cleared the data and then immediately uploaded the data from my accounts...it did NOT require that I re-add the accounts for syncing.  After it uploaded all the data, i checked the mobile app and the Quicken on the Web (both of which required that I re-login).  The Quicken mobile app (on my Android phone) still shows the correct account balances for my investment accounts, but 'Quicken On The Web" shows incorrect investment account balances.  Both are correct for bank and credit card accounts.  Any other ideas?  Clearly, the fact that the mobile app is showing correct information means the data is in the cloud correctly.  There must be something wrong with how the Quicken on the Web app is pulling the data for display.

Ken
  • KenS Fin
    KenS Fin Member ✭✭
    As further information, when I look at the Securities list on Quicken on the Web, it is missing all securities with names beginning with letters A through K.  I did not research whether anything else is missing beyond letter K, but I do see entries starting with L.  AGAIN, the Quicken mobile app (on my Android phone) correctly includes all securities in my portfolio beginning with letter A and above.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @KenS Fin

Thank you for that additional information. 

I've been doing some testing my personal data file and the Web App and may I ask, for the securities that do not appear in the Web App -  are they part of the holdings for the synced brokerage account?

If you aren't sure, please open the register view for the account and select the "holdings" button - every security listed should be visible in the Web App.

Or are the missing securities part of your Watch List?

Please let us know, thank you again.

Sarah
  • KenS Fin
    KenS Fin Member ✭✭
    All the missing securities are in synced brokerage accounts.  They are ALL visible in the Quicken Mobile app, but missing from the Quicken on the Web view.
This discussion has been closed.