check numbers no longer appear after downloading transactions.

Check numbers no longer appear after downloading transactions. This started when I was required to "upgrade" to the subscription service. Is there a setting or way to fix this?

Best Answer

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    This may seem obvious, but do you have the check number column visible in your checking account register? If not, click the Columns icon in the lower right of the screen and click Check # to make this column visible in your register.

If that's not it, we can dig deeper into whether there's a problem with what your bank is transmitting to Quicken. Indicate what bank you are using, and what your connection method is (e.g. Direct Connect, Quicken Connect?).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • thesmiths2
    thesmiths2 Member ✭✭
    That’s a good question, but yes, I have the check number column visible. It worked perfect until I was required to “upgrade” to the paid subscription. I do not know how to know if I’m connecting via Direct Connect or Quicken Connect, but here’s what I do to download and maybe that will let you know which I am using:
    On the top bar I choose “Accounts”, then “Update All Online Accounts”. All my accounts then download

While you are looking at this, there is a second issue with my checking account that never happened until I “upgraded” to your paid subscription program. All my accounts (all credit card accounts) immediately download when I click on Update all online accounts" EXCEPT my KeyBank account. It ALWAYS get the following message:
    Partial Download (-30)
    INVALID_CREDENTIALS:ccscrape.103:OFX file contains error 15500:null
    I click “Resolve”, reenter my user name and password, click “add password to keychain" and then it works. I have to do this EVERY SINGLE TIME I download/update my online accounts!!! I talked with someone at Quicken for at least a 1/2 hour and he never got it to work. I finally called KeyBank and that person helped me (even though the KeyBank person told me it was a Quicken issue & should have been told the same thing when I talked with the Quicken support person) and it worked when I did what I just explained.

I AM NOT HAPPY with this, especially since I now have to pay extra!! Please help me with these 2 issues.
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Hello thesmiths2. Appreciate your questions and information regarding your experience with Quicken for Mac.

1) Which bank are you having issues with? You are able to receive check numbers using either Quicken or Direct Connect.. 

2) Sounds like it could be an issue with the Keychain. Have you tried clearing your keychain?  Here are some steps to help you:
        a: Quit out of Quicken (Quicken>Quit Quicken)    
        b: Launch Keychain Access from your Applications/Utilities folder.
        c: Set your Category on the bottom left to "Category":

c: Type in "Quicken" in the search box on the top right:

d: Remove any entry that says "Quicken password for..."

Choose all of these and then choose Edit, Delete to remove them.

e: Relaunch Quicken.
    f: Deactivate each of your accounts and reactivate them so that your current username and password is saved in a new keychain, and should help you with the password issues that you had previously. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-103-or-101

If these steps do not help and still need help with this, you are welcome to contact Quicken Support and we can help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • thesmiths2
    thesmiths2 Member ✭✭
    Hi Quicken Harold,
    I am using "Quicken Connect". As I mentioned in my previous email, the problem is with my KeyBank account only. I did as you suggested to go into Keychain, but since it's only the Key account I have issues with, I only deleted the "Quicken Password for Key", and not my credit card accounts.

I still have the exact same problems. No check numbers, and it NEVER downloads my Key Bank transactions until I re-enter my password again on the screen that pops up.

A THIRD problem since "upgrading", which I now consider a downgrade, is that the categories are not automatically filling in! Why is this also happening?? This "upgrade" seems to have a lot of problems!

PLEASE HELP me resolve these issues!

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.