Error OL - 1-B downloading from some banks

Quicken installed a new release this morning and this error showed up after the installation I'm on 2019 R19.44 Build 27.1.19.44 Transactions download properly from some accounts but not others.. :( Any ideas as to how to approach?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install and update and restore a data file backup you saved prior to applying the R19.44 update.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken. To update Quicken, I recommend you download and apply the R18.16 Mondo Patch.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If Quicken updated to R18.16, you should be fine.  Don't forget to restore the datafile backup saved before you upgraded to R19.44.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There have been a variety of approaches that have worked to resolve the OL-1-B error in the past.  The basic trick is to deactivate the Online Services of all the registers associated with the financial institution.  Then, when we set up the Online Services again, Quicken resets the financial institution's profile and we're usually good to go.  But, when this issue coincides with a Quicken release patch and impacts multiple financial institutions, the problem usually requires a fix from Quicken.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install and update and restore a data file backup you saved prior to applying the R19.44 update.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken. To update Quicken, I recommend you download and apply the R18.16 Mondo Patch.
  • esubkowsky
    esubkowsky Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your quick succinct response. Bettie
  • esubkowsky
    esubkowsky Member ✭✭
    A follow up - I set up a chat with Quicken support today. They have some cleanup code not readily available that worked well and easily. 15 minutes and all was fixed!

They had me open Online Center then click on the contacts tab while holding down the cntrl and shift keys. This brought up a list of my accounts. I selected one that wasn't working and selected from a list of refresh options Financial Institution and clicked refresh. Ran one-step update and everything worked.
  • esubkowsky
    esubkowsky Member ✭✭
    Well, deep in my heart I knew the fix from Quicken chat was too good to be true. The next day when I opened Quicken and ran One Step the same errors were back Boo. Then spent two hours on Quicken chat and got no where. Soo When I really brave I'll follow Sherlock's recommendation and try to delete everything and reinstall. That's why I'm a Newbie to fixing this stuff!
  • esubkowsky
    esubkowsky Member ✭✭
    Question I deleted and reloaded quicken and updated it to release 18.16. I then tried to run R18.16 Mondo Patch. I then get an error message Title is an Error Occurred. Unable to Check for Updates. The server file failed to load. Any thoughts as to how I should proceed? Bettie
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If Quicken updated to R18.16, you should be fine.  Don't forget to restore the datafile backup saved before you upgraded to R19.44.
  • esubkowsky
    esubkowsky Member ✭✭
    Sherlock - :) I did! Thank you for your support!!! Only have one bank left to fix. Chase changed the entity it is using for one of our credit cards as of a couple of days ago, so I can understand why Quicken is confused on that!.
  • esubkowsky
    esubkowsky Member ✭✭
    Well. Quicken installed a bunch of releases yesterday. Today the issue was back. I tried something someone from quicken support suggested which is to click on the gear in each account and run the update for that account from there. It worked, but I fear I'm back to square one with this release R19.44 I can't not update quicken forever because of this issue. :(
  • esubkowsky
    esubkowsky Member ✭✭
    Thanks Sherlock. Appreciate your support. Very stressful.

I expect to do it tomorrow. Probably the issue will be back tomorrow.

I called Quicken an they gave me a bizarre way of fixing. Delete and reenter my quicken ID, reboot, - Deactivate and reactivate the three accounts with issues one at a time. Reboot. Still not working after the reboot. Run one step for each account that I have individually then run it for all accounts. Seemed to work. !?!? Rebooted and it still worked.

I just restarted my laptop and it still is working. !?! Like I said, I'll see what happens in the morning. Think the guy who was helping me over the phone was as surprised as I was that it worked.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There have been a variety of approaches that have worked to resolve the OL-1-B error in the past.  The basic trick is to deactivate the Online Services of all the registers associated with the financial institution.  Then, when we set up the Online Services again, Quicken resets the financial institution's profile and we're usually good to go.  But, when this issue coincides with a Quicken release patch and impacts multiple financial institutions, the problem usually requires a fix from Quicken.
  • Tony Luers
    Tony Luers Member ✭✭✭
    Windows, Quicken v19, quicken update few days ago.

Since the update I keep getting the error message Error OL--1-B for my Capital One 360 account.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • lbtravis
    lbtravis Member
    Since installing the latest version of Quicken 19.44 every time I open quicken and attemp one step updates, most of my account come up with Error OL--1-B, if I select, If I go into One Step setting and uncheck all account hit apply, then go back and check all the accounts it starts working. I have done this for the past 3 days and it happens every day
  • RChan
    RChan Member ✭✭✭
    After Quicken upgraded my original Quicken Premier 2018 to R19.44 Build 27.1.19.44. During One Step Update, there have been consistent Error QL--1-B "An Unexpected error has occurred" report on Chase accounts. I have done Reset and even Deactivate and Activate Online Service. It connects and update fine on the same date as it was reset. Same problem again on next day.
    Anyone has run in this problem?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20007847
  • RChan
    RChan Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the link.
  • MYBPD
    MYBPD Unconfirmed
    I am sorry to say it but none of these suggestions work.
    After fighting it out myself for a while, I spent an hour with Quicken phone support doing all of it: Mando patch, backup, Deactivating banks and adding accounts back. The result is the same:

1. It works for one day and one day only
    2. The next day you are at square one: a dozen accounts with OL--1-B errors. As a variety there would be one or two other error codes (unexpected response from the server, try tomorrow)
    3. The worst offenders:
    Fidelity Investment (retirement, investment, CC, nothing works longer than a day; sometimes one cannot sign onto it at all; sometimes one can sign up to some accounts but not all of them)
    CapitalOne Bank
    Everything serviced by Synchrony Bank (Wallmart, BestBuy, TJMax, etc.)
    Chase

4. Had no problems with or very few problems with:
    BofA
    Amex (though it asks for the password every now and then)
    Amazon

Bottom line, Quicken is unusable at this point. Unless you want to download every account manually using (*.QIF files or similar) you are dead in the water.
    You cannot track your accounts and be reasonably sure that what you see on the Quicken screen is what is in your account.
  • nooncaster
    nooncaster Member ✭✭
    I agree with MYBPD -- Quicken is currently broken. I too have been dealing with OL-1B errors with some of the same banks. It is very frustrating.
  • esubkowsky
    esubkowsky Member ✭✭
    I got back in town after being away a week. Everything worked day one. The next day it didn't.

I got around it by downloading the three accounts with problems (BofA, Chase (one credit card account), and a cedit union account this morning by opening each account , clicking on the gear up on the right and the update now function. That worked until I closed Quicken and my computer and then I have to do it again.
  • DavidSmith
    DavidSmith Member ✭✭✭
    For me receiving it for:
    Barclays
    Best Buy
    Elan
    Wells Fargo
    several others
  • System
    System Member admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Error OL - 1-B downloading from some banks.
  • System
    System Member admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Error OL - 1-B downloading from some banks.
  • System
    System Member admin
  • KsZrex
    KsZrex Member
    I am having very similar issues. Spent an hour last week with phone support, to no avail. Spent the weekend creating an entirely new file - all new account setup and sign-ons. Worked for one day, now worse than before! More accounts are generating OL--1-B error - Capital One, Chase, Discover. Started after latest software update. Please fix!!!
  • System
    System Member admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: OL-1-B.
  • deeplightanchori
    deeplightanchori Member ✭✭
    For three weeks, I had been getting ERROR OL-1B when downloading from US Bank. I spent 2 1/2 hours yesterday with Quicken Support... thought they fixed it, but still not working UNLESS I reset the US BANK account every time I want to download. Have discovered that this happens most when Quicken has previously been "closed"....If I "OPEN" Quicken, then reset / reactivate the account, I can get the download, and IF I leave Quicken "open" all day, I can get future downloads.... But if I "close" Quicken for the night, the same Error OL-1B comes up again, and I have to start the whole process again....NOT ACCEPTABLE. Other financial institutions working just fine.
  • John Carey
    John Carey Member ✭✭
    "Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water"

Is there any fix to this problem???
  • Brenrad
    Brenrad Member ✭✭
    I noticed that an update was available for Quicken this morning but after downloading and running the program I still get the multiple OL-1B errors (as per your June 18 alert?) What is the timeline for fixing this? Very frustrating...
This discussion has been closed.