Transfer transaction can't be edited?

Options
richard13
richard13 Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in Using the Mobile App
I'm in the middle of a move and my main computer is offline. Ok, so maybe the mobile app can help me? I tried entering a simple transfer (deposit) from my cash account to one of my checking accounts. Under category you'd think that my checking account would be listed. Nope, not there. Why? Reviewing past transactions it looks like I need to just use the name of the bank as the payee. Ok, so I entered a transaction that way. The cash account now shows the debit but the cash just disappears because it's not showing as being in my checking account. Ummm... yea, that might be a problem. Let's delete that and start over. Nope. I can't delete the transaction and get an error message "Transfer transaction can't be deleted". What? Why not?

This is not the first time I've been disappointed by Quicken. [removed]  How the heck do i delete this transaction [removed] screwed up?

Quicken Premier for Mac

Best Answer

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Insults won’t get you answers or help.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• richard13
    richard13 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Perhaps that 2nd paragraph wasn't necessary but the fact remains that bugs like these are common in Quicken and are non-trivial. People depend on Quicken for their financial well being and it shouldn't be surprising when people get upset.

Quicken Premier for Mac

• richard13
    richard13 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the info Sarah! I'll keep this in mind.

Quicken Premier for Mac

This discussion has been closed.