Mobile Budget - Empty Status Bars

Greetings,

What should be my next step?

Everything appears to be normal with my budget in the desktop. However, the status bars simply stopped being filled in as I spend.

I can still see the budget section and it shows my budget name and that I have $_____ Left to spend. However, the status bar is empty. When I click on it, none of the other status bars show any spending either.

I've already done Edit>Preferences>Quicken Synce, ID, & Alerts>Reset Your Cloud Data with no luck.

Chris
Quicken user since 2014.
Using Quicken Windows Subscription on Windows 10.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Chris Harris
    Chris Harris Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Following the steps listed in Quicken's post (link) above did resolve it for me. I can once again see my actual spending in the mobile app!!!

Quicken, it would be really nice to know why it happened in the first place though so I can keep it from happening again.

Chris
    Quicken user since 2014.

Answers

• Valderi
    Valderi Member ✭✭✭✭
    Samething for me since today… Don't tell me it starts again!!!
  • Valderi
    Valderi Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ouf! I just see my budget on Quicken Mobile again, I just synced 2-3 times.
  • Chris Harris
    Chris Harris Member ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I hope not. I did find this...

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7854772/budgets-budget-reports-show-blank-values-after-r19-44-update#latest

Please Quicken keep us well informed about this one. After the debacle with budgets in 2017/2018, I for one am really skittish when it comes to budgets in mobile.

Chris
    Quicken user since 2014.
  • Chris Harris
    Chris Harris Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thought about it some more.

The main problem with the last budget outage wasn't so much the lack of budget that was frustrating as it was the lack of ongoing communication on what Quicken was doing to fix it. I can understand having the budget go down for 1-2 months, technology is fickle, but I can't understand having it go down for over a year with almost no communication from the Quicken team. That's just crazy.

Letting bygones be bygones, here's an opportunity for Quicken to improve their customer service and really impress us. I'm rooting for Quicken and their team, their product has certainly improved since the Intuit days.

Chris
    Quicken user since 2014.
  • Chris Harris
    Chris Harris Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Following the steps listed in Quicken's post (link) above did resolve it for me. I can once again see my actual spending in the mobile app!!!

Quicken, it would be really nice to know why it happened in the first place though so I can keep it from happening again.

Chris
    Quicken user since 2014.
  • bbrake64
    bbrake64 Member ✭✭
    I am still seeing this issue in web and mobile app.
  • Chris Harris
    Chris Harris Member ✭✭✭✭
    Did you follow the steps listed in the above link?

They were a little hard to follow, but for me, the key ended up being to go to the desktop budget, swithc the view to only show "Actuals", and then to arrow back through previous years budgets (to 2014 when I started using Quicken). Once that was done, I synced with mobile and the budget status bars displayed actual spending again.

Add far as I can tell, everything came back to a pre-outage state; it's working normally.

Chris
    Quicken user since 2014.
This discussion has been closed.