can't download from tdameritrade

After purchasing a 2 year membership and downloading the latest version of Quicken Deluxe I opened a quicken data file that was created in Quicken 2016.
I have an account with tdameritrade but when I try to download transactions it does not show up in the list of institutions. When I opened the edit tab for the ameritrade account it show the institution to be First Trade Securities Inc. I have never had an account there . The account number shown is the correct number for my tdameritrade account. Is there a way to delete this and add tdameritrade without losing all my transactions?

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please do HELP, About Quicken ... and report what Build/Release of Q is shown there.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

•  robm
    robm Member
    It is version R19.44 build 27.1.19.44
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the Edit Account Details page, delete the name of the current financial institution if Quicken lets you.

On the Online Services tab, click on Deactivate if it is set up for the wrong FI.

After clicking on Set up Now on the Online Services tab, TD Ameritrade shows up on the list of financial institutions for me. Note there is no space between T and D but there is a space after D.
    QWin Premier subscription
  •  robm
    robm Member
    Thanks for reply. I cannot delete the name of the current FI. If I deactivate the account and do "set up now" will it keep the old transactions for ameritrade? I have over 10 years worth.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Back up your data file first in case something goes wrong, but yes it should keep your old transactions.

If it asks in the setup process, you want to link it to your existing account, NOT create a new account.
    QWin Premier subscription
  •  robm
    robm Member
    When I click on "set up now" the box says brokerage and there is no drop down list. I went ahead and typed tdameritrade and it set up a new account with no downloaded transactions but I still have the ameritrade account with the old transactions at least. It never asked to link to an exisiting account.
  •  robm
    robm Member
    Update: I kept trying and finally did get set up to tdameritrade and the link to option came up. Everything looks right and I can connect and it says updating but no new transactions show up. The last transaction in the register is 4/1/19 and when I try to update it says downloading and the windows pops up that says "accept downloaded transactions into transaction list" but there is nothing listed.
This discussion has been closed.